Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A.V. CA.
    Posts
    1,855

    Default

    Red is good.

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,742

    Default



    The POTUS, ladies and gentlemen.

  3. #83

    Default

    Sometimes, when you're old and set in your ways, new things are abrasive to your soul and spirit.
    Sometimes, when you're dumb and stupid and living with fear; it makes you closed minded.
    Many times, you'll grow and learn that things change. Nothing stays the same.
    Open yourself up to the possibilities and realize there's a learning process in life that never ends.
    Live the movement or just go sit on the toilet, let it all out, flush it away.
    Either way, it's here to stay. Revel in the glory of it all.


    Did you enjoy this when it first came out? You probably thought it was a fad.



  4. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The POTUS, ladies and gentlemen.
    All sorts of good stuff from the Orangutan in Chief - and the year's still young!

    Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'
    By Maegan Vazquez, CNN
    Updated 10:40 AM ET, Wed January 3, 2018

    (CNN) Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon called the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and a Russian lawyer purportedly offering damaging information about Hillary Clinton "treasonous," according to a new book obtained by The Guardian.

    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politi...ury/index.html

    ================================================== =============

    President Trump takes credit for 2017 air safety.
    by Chris Isidore and Jon Ostrower
    January 2, 2018: 3:07 PM ET

    President Trump took credit Tuesday for "the safest year on record" for U.S. air travel, touting zero deaths in 2017. But there actually haven't been any deaths on a U.S. passenger airline in nearly nine years.

    Still, the president took credit for the safety record in a tweet.

    "Since taking office I have been very strict on Commercial Aviation. Good news -- it was just reported that there were Zero deaths in 2017, the best and safest year on record!"

    http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/02/news...ety/index.html

    ================================================== =============

    TRUMP IS LYING ABOUT AID TO PAKISTAN, FOREIGN MINISTER SAYS
    BY CRISTINA MAZA ON 1/2/18 AT 2:26 PM

    President Donald Trump is lying when he says that the U.S. gives tens of billions of dollars to Pakistan yet gets little in return, the country’s foreign minister said on Tuesday.

    Trump had tweeted on Monday that Pakistan gives safe haven to terrorists while taking $33 billion in U.S. aid—the latest salvo in the administration’s threat to cut funding to Pakistan by $255 million as it reviews Islamabad’s cooperation in the fight on terror.

    But Foreign Affairs Minister Khawaja Asif was having none of it, responding to Trump via his favorite medium.

    “Pres Trump quoted figure of $33billion given to PAK over last 15yrs, he can hire a US based Audit firm on our expense to verify this figure & let the world know who is lying & deceiving..,” Asif tweeted.

    [...]

    “Pak as anti-terror ally has given free to US: land & air communication, military bases & intel cooperation that decimated Al-Qaeda over last 16yrs, but they have given us nothing but invective & mistrust. They overlook cross-border safe havens of terrorists who murder Pakistanis,” Pakistan’s Ministry of Defense tweeted.

    Trump’s aid figure apparently comes from the Congressional Research Office, which says that Pakistan received almost $34 billion from the U.S. in the form of military aid and equipment between 2002 and 2018.

    Meanwhile, data from another agency, USAID, shows that U.S. agencies gave around $16 billion to Pakistan between 2001 and 2017. Overall, the U.S. gave Pakistan around $67 billion in aid between 1951 and 2011, according to the Center for Global Development, a think tank based in Washington, D.C.

    http://www.newsweek.com/trump-lying-...akistan-768350

    Last edited by Lady Quagga; 01-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.

  5. #85

    Default

    A blue state revolt would be payback for the GOP
    By Froma Harrop
    Updated 12:35 AM ET, Wed January 3, 2018

    (CNN) In the waning days of 2017, taxpayers in California, New York and other relatively high-tax states tried to storm the lifeboats of temporary taxpayer relief.

    They knew that come January, the federal deduction for their local and state taxes would be capped at $10,000, and so, many people made prepayments in an effort to benefit under the old tax law. They also knew that red-state Republicans designed this change to siphon more dollars out of Democratic-voting parts of the country. That is, them.

    As the tax bills made their way through Congress, Stephen Moore, an economist at the Heritage Foundation and former adviser to candidate Donald Trump, called the Republican tax law "death to Democrats."

    Actually, it could be death to the Republican control of Congress, not to mention the careers of Republican politicians in the states being targeted. To reverse the outrage of the blatant blue-state tax, voters in these high-cost states must flip control of the House to Democrats. And they can do it.

    The GOP majority in the House would be history if Republicans lost the more than two dozen seats it holds in the states under attack.

    Among those most likely to be hit by tax increases under the new tax law are the middle- and upper-middle class homeowners who itemize their deductions and benefited from the ability to include an unlimited amount of state and local taxes. Many of these voters have been the backbone of Republican support in otherwise Democratic parts of the country.

    "When my constituents who are very good with their numbers tell me that they are going to be [paying] $5,000 to $10,000 more in taxes, I'm supposed to represent their interests," Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, Republican from Southern California, unhappily said. (He voted against the bill.)

    Here are the numbers: Democrats need to gain 24 seats in the 2018 midterm elections to take over the House. California and New York together send 23 Republicans to the House. Add in the 13 Republicans representing high-income blue states of New Jersey, Illinois and Maryland, and Democrats could have a shot at 37 Republican-held seats.

    Beyond a cynical milking of blue states, capping the deduction for local and state taxes violates the doctrine of federalism, which conservatives say they hold dear.

    Federalists promote the sharing of power among the federal government and state and local governments. But a tax law that makes it harder for states and localities to raise revenues depletes their ability to do anything. And it's a form of double taxation, forcing many Americans to pay federal taxes on income that was previously taxed by state and local governments.

    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/02/opinio...rop/index.html

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by commiechew View Post
    Sometimes, when you're old and set in your ways, new things are abrasive to your soul and spirit.
    Sometimes, when you're dumb and stupid and living with fear; it makes you closed minded.
    Many times, you'll grow and learn that things change. Nothing stays the same.
    Open yourself up to the possibilities and realize there's a learning process in life that never ends.
    Live the movement or just go sit on the toilet, let it all out, flush it away.
    Either way, it's here to stay. Revel in the glory of it all.


    Did you enjoy this when it first came out? You probably thought it was a fad.


    I think you're smoking what Eazy E was selling.

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Bannon: 2016 Trump Tower meeting was 'treasonous'
    By Maegan Vazquez, CNN
    Updated 10:40 AM ET, Wed January 3, 2018

    (CNN) Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon called the 2016 Trump Tower meeting between Trump campaign officials and a Russian lawyer purportedly offering damaging information about Hillary Clinton "treasonous," according to a new book obtained by The Guardian.

    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politi...ury/index.html
    Trump unloads on former top aide Bannon: 'He lost his mind'
    By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
    Updated 1:41 PM ET, Wed January 3, 2018

    Washington (CNN) President Donald Trump excoriated his former chief strategist Steve Bannon in a statement Wednesday, claiming that Bannon "lost his mind" after being pushed out from the White House.

    The White House released the 266-word statement from the President slamming Bannon after excerpts from a new book quoted Bannon as calling the meeting with a Russian lawyer the President's eldest son attended in the summer 2016 at Trump Tower alongside Jared Kushner and former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort "treasonous."

    "Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating 17 candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," Trump said in the statement.

    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/03/politi...non/index.html


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,742

    Default

    Trump Voters:



    Too bad we can't pick their minds. They all left to Bloody Decks and Facebook! Excellent timing.

    DockRat? Where you at? Any Trump memes you'd like to post? Effin' Dotard.

  9. #89

    Default

    That Bullsh*t Voter Fraud Commission Is Officially Dead
    Kate Conger and Dell Cameron

    A commission established by President Donald Trump to root out the millions of voters he baselessly claimed voted fraudulently against him has been shut down, the White House announced today.

    The so-called Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, asked states to submit their voter rolls for examination over the summer of 2017. However, states refused to participate, leading to the commission’s dissolution.

    Kobach initially asked other secretaries of state to send voter information via unencrypted email, including partial Social Security numbers and voting histories, Gizmodo reported. The commission also proposed using a file transfer system developed for the United States Army but did not provide state officials with instructions on its use. Ultimately, the commission decided it would propose a third data-transfer option, sources told Gizmodo in July, but that option seems to have never fully materialized.

    The backlash against the commission was swift. It was widely criticized for its lack of basic cybersecurity, and the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) sued in an effort to block the commission’s data collection. Voters also objected colorfully to the commission’s work, calling the project and its leaders in emails “evil,” a “sh*t-stain,” and “stupid mean f***ing a**holes.”

    https://gizmodo.com/that-bullshit-vo...ead-1821756075

    As I said before, that 2.8 million vote disparity only reinforces the fact: the Cheeto-in-Chief has no popular mandate, and never did.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Trump Voters:



    Too bad we can't pick their minds. They all left to Bloody Decks and Facebook! Excellent timing.

    DockRat? Where you at? Any Trump memes you'd like to post? Effin' Dotard.

  10. #90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    That Bullsh*t Voter Fraud Commission Is Officially Dead
    Kate Conger and Dell Cameron

    A commission established by President Donald Trump to root out the millions of voters he baselessly claimed voted fraudulently against him has been shut down, the White House announced today.

    The so-called Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, headed by Vice President Mike Pence and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, asked states to submit their voter rolls for examination over the summer of 2017. However, states refused to participate, leading to the commission’s dissolution.

    Kobach initially asked other secretaries of state to send voter information via unencrypted email, including partial Social Security numbers and voting histories, Gizmodo reported. The commission also proposed using a file transfer system developed for the United States Army but did not provide state officials with instructions on its use. Ultimately, the commission decided it would propose a third data-transfer option, sources told Gizmodo in July, but that option seems to have never fully materialized.

    The backlash against the commission was swift. It was widely criticized for its lack of basic cybersecurity, and the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) sued in an effort to block the commission’s data collection. Voters also objected colorfully to the commission’s work, calling the project and its leaders in emails “evil,” a “sh*t-stain,” and “stupid mean f***ing a**holes.”

    https://gizmodo.com/that-bullshit-vo...ead-1821756075

    As I said before, that 2.8 million vote disparity only reinforces the fact: the Cheeto-in-Chief has no popular mandate, and never did.
    However, states refused to participate, leading to the commission’s dissolution.

Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •