Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 144

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #71

    Default

    Trump has Obama and the Democrats to thank for allowing him to inherit a good economy. If the economy hits the breaks under Trump, either Republicans will stop talking about the economy, or blame it on Obama or Democrats in Congress.

  2. #72

    Default

    I can always count on one of you to quote main stream media talking points. The economy under 8 years never hit 3% GDP and has done so 3 consecutive quarters and it's Obama's doing. The economy is booming under Trump because of consumer optimism and positive outlook, markets are up because people are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Trump has Obama and the Democrats to thank for allowing him to inherit a good economy. If the economy hits the breaks under Trump, either Republicans will stop talking about the economy, or blame it on Obama or Democrats in Congress.

  3. #73

    Default


    I can always count on one of you to quote main stream media talking points.
    And then in true hypocritical fashion, spouts off his own Trump-right media talking points:

    Quote Originally Posted by steelplatehead View Post
    The economy under 8 years never hit 3% GDP and has done so 3 consecutive quarters and it's Obama's doing. The economy is booming under Trump because of consumer optimism and positive outlook, markets are up because people are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel.
    Only problem steelplatehead, is that you're wrong on practically all of your talking points.

    Never hit 3% GDP? WRONG

    Has done so 3 consecutive quarters? WRONG



    The economy is booming under Trump because of consumer optimism and positive outlook, markets are up because people are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel. WRONG

    1. It’s simple: Corporations everywhere are making a bunch of money.
    2. (Front page) chaos doesn’t drive the business cycle.
    3. There aren’t many obvious signs of bubbles, or causes for imminent corrections.

    (https://www.theatlantic.com/business...ing-up/543249/)
    You're not only a hypocrite, you're a hypocrite who who can't even fact-check the vomit he lapped up from the right-wing media.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Never hit 3% GDP? WRONG
    Has done so 3 consecutive quarters? WRONG
    The economy is booming under Trump because of consumer optimism and positive outlook, markets are up because people are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel. WRONG

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    I can always count on one of you to quote main stream media talking points. The economy under 8 years never hit 3% GDP and has done so 3 consecutive quarters and it's Obama's doing. The economy is booming under Trump because of consumer optimism and positive outlook, markets are up because people are seeing a bright light at the end of the tunnel.
    Unfortunately for the entire planet. That light is a 100 mph out of control freight train and they stood all of us right in front of the exit way, but hey.
    I got a few extra dollars on my check before they took it all back and more on deduction losses. WoooHoo!
    Last edited by Brent; 12-22-2017 at 12:19 PM.

  6. #76

    Default

    The Idiot in Chief strikes again! - LQ

    Trump tweets that 'cold' East Coast 'could use a little bit of' global warming
    By Dan Merica, CNN
    Updated 1:35 AM ET, Fri December 29, 2017

    West Palm Beach (CNN) - President Donald Trump, on vacation in balmy Florida, suggested that climate change could be a good thing on Thursday, tweeting that cities gripped by freezing temperatures on the East Coast could use some warming.

    Trump's tweet further places the President's climate policy out of step with the vast majority of scientists, who believe global warming is damaging for the United States and the world.

    "In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year's Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against," Trump wrote on Twitter. "Bundle up!"

    RELATED: Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between climate and weather

    Despite Trump's assertion, 2016 was the hottest year on record, according to the World Meteorological Organization, and some studies show 2017 is on pace to overtake it. If it does, it will be the fourth consecutive year to rank hotter than all previous.

    A White House official did not respond when asked what Trump's tweet means for administration policy. Journalists have previously been told that Trump's tweets should be considered official statements from the White House.

    The tweet is the latest in a series of Trump tweets that links the temperature in any one place to the existence of global warming, something climate scientists have long said is an entirely inaccurate way to view global warming.

    "It's freezing and snowing in New York -- we need global warming," Trump tweeted in 2012.

    A year later, he added, "Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!"

    As a candidate for president, Trump put his views on climate change at the forefront.

    "Well, I think the climate change is just a very, very expensive form of tax," he said in 2016. "A lot of people are making a lot of money. I know much about climate change. I'd be -- received environmental awards. And I often joke that this is done for the benefit of China. Obviously, I joke. But this is done for the benefit of China, because China does not do anything to help climate change."

    As President, Trump has made those views administration policy by pulling out of the Paris climate agreement, and his Environmental Protection Agency has made a series of moves that curbed the agency's focus on climate science.

    "I was elected by the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris," Trump said during a White House event where he announced his decision to withdraw from the global climate accord signed by former President Barack Obama. Arguing that the deal hurts American businesses, Trump said foreign countries were using the deal to hamper American enterprise.

    Even amid these comments, Trump administration agencies have continued sounding alarm bells on global warming.

    The Government Accountability Office released a report in October that said the US government has spent more than $350 billion over the past decade in response to extreme weather and fire events and estimated that the US would incur far higher costs as the years progress if global emission rates don't go down.

    The report called on Trump to use the information GAO compiled to help identify risks posed by climate change and "craft appropriate federal responses."

    Additionally, the Climate Science Special Report released in November by the federal government found "no convincing alternative explanation" for the changing climate other than "human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases."

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/28/politi...eet/index.html

  7. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    The Idiot in Chief strikes again! - LQ

    Trump tweets that 'cold' East Coast 'could use a little bit of' global warming
    By Dan Merica, CNN
    Updated 1:35 AM ET, Fri December 29, 2017

    West Palm Beach (CNN) - President Donald Trump, on vacation in balmy Florida, suggested that climate change could be a good thing on Thursday, tweeting that cities gripped by freezing temperatures on the East Coast could use some warming.

    Trump's tweet further places the President's climate policy out of step with the vast majority of scientists, who believe global warming is damaging for the United States and the world.

    "In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year's Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against," Trump wrote on Twitter. "Bundle up!"

    RELATED: Donald Trump doesn't know the difference between climate and weather

    Despite Trump's assertion, 2016 was the hottest year on record, according to the World Meteorological Organization, and some studies show 2017 is on pace to overtake it. If it does, it will be the fourth consecutive year to rank hotter than all previous.

    A White House official did not respond when asked what Trump's tweet means for administration policy. Journalists have previously been told that Trump's tweets should be considered official statements from the White House.

    The tweet is the latest in a series of Trump tweets that links the temperature in any one place to the existence of global warming, something climate scientists have long said is an entirely inaccurate way to view global warming.

    "It's freezing and snowing in New York -- we need global warming," Trump tweeted in 2012.

    A year later, he added, "Ice storm rolls from Texas to Tennessee - I'm in Los Angeles and it's freezing. Global warming is a total, and very expensive, hoax!"

    As a candidate for president, Trump put his views on climate change at the forefront.

    "Well, I think the climate change is just a very, very expensive form of tax," he said in 2016. "A lot of people are making a lot of money. I know much about climate change. I'd be -- received environmental awards. And I often joke that this is done for the benefit of China. Obviously, I joke. But this is done for the benefit of China, because China does not do anything to help climate change."

    As President, Trump has made those views administration policy by pulling out of the Paris climate agreement, and his Environmental Protection Agency has made a series of moves that curbed the agency's focus on climate science.

    "I was elected by the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris," Trump said during a White House event where he announced his decision to withdraw from the global climate accord signed by former President Barack Obama. Arguing that the deal hurts American businesses, Trump said foreign countries were using the deal to hamper American enterprise.

    Even amid these comments, Trump administration agencies have continued sounding alarm bells on global warming.

    The Government Accountability Office released a report in October that said the US government has spent more than $350 billion over the past decade in response to extreme weather and fire events and estimated that the US would incur far higher costs as the years progress if global emission rates don't go down.

    The report called on Trump to use the information GAO compiled to help identify risks posed by climate change and "craft appropriate federal responses."

    Additionally, the Climate Science Special Report released in November by the federal government found "no convincing alternative explanation" for the changing climate other than "human activities, especially emissions of greenhouse gases."

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/28/politi...eet/index.html
    It gets hot it gets cold its called weather. Looks like he got us out of a bad deal. The paris climate agreement what a joke. we were paying for everything. not anymore tho.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    It gets hot it gets cold its called weather.

  9. #79

    Default

    No, Trump's approval rating hasn't caught up to Obama's
    By Jennifer Agiesta, CNN Polling Director
    Updated 11:27 AM ET, Fri December 29, 2017





    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/29/politi...ing/index.html

  10. #80

    Default


Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •