Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Rain shuts down Long Beach inshore fishing...

Default Rain shuts down Long Beach inshore fishing...

I live in Long Beach, CA and the rain on Friday and into Saturday was monster, but against my better judgement I decided to go out Sunday morning to overcast skies and the occasional rain drop.

Los Alamitos Bay is shut down due to a sewage spill, so I went to the other end of the long beach.

I launched my float tube off the beach at the Los Alamitos Volleyball Courts and right away saw that the water was looking muddy. Not good.

I threw spinnerbaits and swimbaits in various colors both light and dark and tried to work the top, middle, and bottom of the water column.

I fished around Island Grissom for a couple of hours with no luck and decided to give the surf a try and after an hour of working the surf, I caught a yellow fin croaker on an anchovy swimbait with the coolbait silver underspin and decided that killing the skunk was good enough and called it a day.

Fishing the inshore salt right after a rain storm is not such a good idea?

Confirmed.

I've actually had really good luck post storm on reaction baits, but yeah the sewage water is a risk towards your health.

I too have had some good days after big storms,mostly grumpy sandbass,I think they like the runoff?
    Once while on our way out from Davies we were in the harbor and saw something floating,went over a saw two very fresh dead carp,they were at least 15lbs+,they must have been washed down the riverbed and then couldn't survive the saltwater.

Cya Tuna Vic

Took a drive to the beach just to take a look on Sunday.................water was the color of chocolate milk for a good 200 yards out

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    ....but yeah the sewage water is a risk towards your health.
    Nothing a little penicillin can't fix, I say.