Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any tips on bluegill and bass fishing from shore at DVL ?

Default any tips on bluegill and bass fishing from shore at DVL ?

hey whats sup guys...i was wondering if anybody has any tips they dont mind sharing on shore fishing Dvl

Its been pretty tough, I dont fish from shore but id say fish for trout or find a place that has deep water close to shore if ur trying for bluegill and bass. It'll get a whole lot better in a couple months. The terrain around shore is pretty rough so bring your hiking boots and your snake bite kit. Ive heard theres a ton of rattlers that like to sun on the rocks along the shore. Good luck out there.

thanks bro i appreciate the help...do you think ill have better luck at perrris from shore

Not sure, i do know that Perris is much easier to get around the shore but its been rough fishing there too. If I were going id go to DVL.

thanks man

Read all the doom and gloom reports about snakes, diseased fish, wild dogs, mosquitoes, bears, alligators etc. with a grain of salt. Some guys post this stuff as a ploy to discourage folks from going to their favorite spots. Not to say there aren't snakes around, of course there are, but just saying I've seen it a lot. But I'm sure Skinny is an up and up guy. But when you see this stuff just check with the local game and fish.

thanks Boat man i appreciate the insight bro...ill make sure to do my due diligence

Sometimes there are a couple snakes at DVL... Not to discourage anybody from hitting it up, but be careful in the warmer months. This pic is from last spring when the water was coming up and I got a hitchhiker in Rawson when the boat was up close to the bushes in the rising water. Good times when you look back while on plane and see this, lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DVL rattler.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	49540  

Those snakes actually swim across the surface of the water. Had one swim up to my feet when I was sitting on the edge of a rental.

Bass and bluegill love cover and can be caught year round, DVL is for the most part a big hole in the ground so whatever's rocks, sticks or even ledges will hold fish. Yes during the colder months they will be deeper but they will be relating to some sort of structure. For the gills I'd fish a cut night crawler or meal worm under a bobber, or on a drop shot rig for deeper water. Texas rig robo worm works great for bass holding on the deeper structure for me. Best advice I can give though is to adapt the techniques you are familiar with to the situation. I can't catch a bass on a jerkbait to save my life but stick em year round on plastic worms at every lake I have ever fished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast