Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A little luck at Perris Lake

Default A little luck at Perris Lake

Went to Perris on Sunday, 02-12-17. I got a late start but I was out on the water by 0830 AM. The water temp was 58 degrees and warmed up to 59 degrees by 1100. I managed a few fish after I finally found out a pattern. I normally fish DVL and the fishing has been pretty tough at DVL lately. I always seem to manage a few at DVL. Lately I've been throwing the swimbait at DVL and the bites are few and in between but when you do get bit, it's well worth the wait.

Back to Perris.....I love the bass bite at Perris and for some reason it seems as if the bass fight a little bit harder at Perris. I will head back out to Perris on Wednesday and give DVL a break especially since they are constantly pumping water in which is confusing the fish a little. I will post a few pics later.

Until next time,

Tight lines.......

A little update on DVL: I fished a club tournament at DVL last Saturday, (2/11/17), and knew it was going to be tuff. I talked to Matt at Last Chance and several buddies who had pre-fished it and they all said it was really tuff. I fished in 20-30 foot of water for nada. My partner picked up two keepers and one nice smallie.

At the weigh in I was surprised to hear the fish were starting to go on the beds! It was hard to see them due to the intermittent rain; but several guys figured them out. Winning weight was 21 lbs - 12 oz., 2nd place: 18 lbs - 5 oz., 3rd place: 16 lbs. - 1 oz., Big Fish weighed 7 lbs - 14 oz., Team Weight: 34 lbs - 6 oz.
    Last edited by BassinPLS; 02-14-2017 at 09:09 AM.