Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Pudd 2/12/2017

Default The Pudd 2/12/2017

Got one this morning on a chartreuse shadow rap at the old pier in sail cove. Came off in my hand and swam off but got to hold him for a sec... went about 3 lbs.

Good to hear..Think things should get going in about 2-3 weeks depending on the rain patterns slowing down

How was the water clarity?

Quote Originally Posted by dday07 View Post
    Good to hear..Think things should get going in about 2-3 weeks depending on the rain patterns slowing down
    I hope so. Funny how every bass angler waits for the first sign of spring, there were about 35-40 boats on the water, line crossing going on everywhere, lake lice makin 3 foot wakes. Every trolling motor on the slowest setting, every angler with their best polarized specs on searchin for beds. Sucks for us bank anglers that this lake has so many flats out in the middle. so much spawning goes on out there, I figure us bank anglers only get a crack at maybe 5 percent of the bedding fish, I watch the boaters stick em all day maybe 30 feet off the bank. Right before I caught that fish, some a-hole boater came in on me and was pitching maybe 5 feet in front of me. I was about to say something when I caught the fish...... nuff said, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    How was the water clarity?
    Chocolate milk. I fished the whole lake and the clearest water was on the north shore near the boat launch but it was weak coffee at best.

Was walking our dogs today and the South shore area was pretty clear...gonna fish the lake tom.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    I hope so. Funny how every bass angler waits for the first sign of spring, there were about 35-40 boats on the water, line crossing going on everywhere, lake lice makin 3 foot wakes. Every trolling motor on the slowest setting, every angler with their best polarized specs on searchin for beds. Sucks for us bank anglers that this lake has so many flats out in the middle. so much spawning goes on out there, I figure us bank anglers only get a crack at maybe 5 percent of the bedding fish, I watch the boaters stick em all day maybe 30 feet off the bank. Right before I caught that fish, some a-hole boater came in on me and was pitching maybe 5 feet in front of me. I was about to say something when I caught the fish...... nuff said, lol.
    Wow,very interesting,doesn't sound at all like the Puddingstone I've seen in the last couple of years,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    Wow,very interesting,doesn't sound at all like the Puddingstone I've seen in the last couple of years,thanks for the report.

Cya Tuna Vic
    Lol, a lady was walking her dog while I was fishing the cove near the via verde entrance and she asked me what was going on at the lake today, she said she had not seen so many boats and fisherman in years. I told her that the water is up and the weather is warm, that its pretty much like christmas for us fisherman.

There was 2 club tournaments going on Sunday hence all the boats. Biggest fish caught in our tournament was 6.5# in the swim beach area on a spinnerbait and a couple of 5`s on shakey heads. Not a lot of fish were caught but good quality, my biggest was 3.5# near the dam on a wacky rig.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinChef View Post
    There was 2 club tournaments going on Sunday hence all the boats. Biggest fish caught in our tournament was 6.5# in the swim beach area on a spinnerbait and a couple of 5`s on shakey heads. Not a lot of fish were caught but good quality, my biggest was 3.5# near the dam on a wacky rig.
    A tournament at Puddingstone? WTF?!? Go to a lake that can support that many boats. Sounds like the lake got raped. Maybe I will hit up another lake tomorrow.
    Last edited by contium; 02-15-2017 at 10:25 AM.