Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pursuit of interest ?

Default Pursuit of interest ?

Just something different then the political stuff. Other then fishing do any of you guys or gals have a hobby that you really enjoy. I have a few but my favorite is photography, just love B&W street photography the best. Vivian Maier's work sure is good. Took this one on the Golden Gate Bridge 30 years ago.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	49577
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 02-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Just something different then the political stuff. Other then fishing do any of you guys or gals have a hobby that you really enjoy. I have a few but my favorite is photography, just love B&W street photography the best. Vivian Maier's work sure is good. Took this one on the Golden Gate Bridge 30 years ago.Click image for larger version. 

ansel adams.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f57e9c5a3c7358122273f91a589c5652.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	49578

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 02-12-2017 at 12:08 AM.

If not fishing I really enjoy boating! Nice when I combine both.

Cya Tuna Vic

If I can jump in on this one, besides fishing,
    Camping, road trips somewhere outta Orange County, Vegas runs or Laughlin, drove to Napa a couple of years ago along hwy 1 that was nice, snow skiing,gardening, basic carpentry and construction, put in a few wood floors for family, maybe I just like my compound miter saw.

Very cool Pudd fisher, I like to shoot myself and started in film but have since moved onto digital. I still have a lot of film stuff left in Nikon and Leica and have been wanting to get back into shooting black and white and developing. Have not found a good enough scanner that's reasonably priced but I will one day. What geat do you have? I like collecting the gear as much as I like shooting

Name:	Capture234.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	49623Got all Nikon stuff D7100 & D610. Been shootin all my life. My best glass is Nikon 14-24 mm, 24-70 mm and 70-200 mm. I have the most fun with my 70-200 mm. Took this one the other day at a stop light from my car window of a cool older couple, they sure look spiffy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture v.jpg 
Views:	73 
ID:	49622 Oh and my Epson scanner is fantastic ' Epson Perfection V600 Photo ' scans slides negatives and prints very well. Scanned a lot of old stuff with it and its about two years old now.
    Last edited by old pudd fisher; 02-22-2017 at 10:00 PM.

Sounds like you've got some serious stuff! I had a full compliment of manual focus primes including the 2470 70-200 2.8 VR and then got out of Nikon about 5 years ago, at the time was shooting D700. Then couldn't pass up on a great deal for a D3S last year and got back into it! These days I'm experimenting with some Leica R glass on the D3S all primes. Finding that the old glass and manual focus makes me compose and think about my pictures more and I'm enjoying it more- of course i also lose a lot of shots due to the slow shots so it's harder on moving subjects. I'm still debating on jumping back into film as it would be more nolstalgic than anything as I"m able to achieve most of the same results via post processing. I'm assuming there's got to be more shutterbugs on here than the two of us.

Name:	Capture234.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	49623Got all Nikon stuff D7100 & D610. Been shootin all my life. My best glass is Nikon 14-24 mm, 24-70 mm and 70-200 mm. I have the most fun with my 70-200 mm. Took this one the other day at a stop light from my car window of a cool older couple, they sure look spiffy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture v.jpg 
Views:	73 
ID:	49622 Oh and my Epson scanner is fantastic ' Epson Perfection V600 Photo ' scans slides negatives and prints very well. Scanned a lot of old stuff with it and its about two years old now.