Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Corona Lake...

Default Corona Lake...

...has been releasing water since the big storm a couple of weeks ago. I guess this is a pretty good indicator that they won't be reopening, because if they were, they'd be holding onto every drop they could get their hands on. So sad!! I sure hope they don't drain this lake and built more condos, the 15 is already overstretched for capacity with no widenings in the plans. It's bad enough they're building the Audie Murphy Ranch in Menifee and the new development just north of Corona Lake, pretty soon the 15 will look just like the 405 only not as many lanes.

Well Temescal Valley held a meeting on January 31st and they have submitted plans/ideas that they would like to build a gated community around Lee Lake (AKA Corona Lake) as it is owned right now by the Elsinore Valley Municipal Water District and Summit Land Partners owns the 548 acres around the Lake. The idea is to house around 340 homes in the gated community and have EVMWD keep the lake at full pool for the residents only use. Take that as you will and I would not plan to see Corona Lake / Lee Lake open to the public anytime soon .
    Last edited by Misfitdog; 02-11-2017 at 03:20 PM.

So it looks like another lake will be privatized. This is not a good trend. I used to fish Vail Lake. It was private but the public could fish there for $5 per person. Then I fished Arrowhead where they let the public fish, but after a few years, they put a fence around that area and told people to stay out.

Bummer. I remember filling the boat with crappie at Lake Sherwood in the 80s. Great little lake in its day, and maybe even today but now it is private.

Yeah. Sherwood Lake is another one, but I don't live around there. I heard of the good fishing that people had there when it was open to the public, though.
    Last edited by Natural Lefty; 03-10-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Fished Sherwood alot as a kid. Used to fish from Bob Denvers (gillagan)dock. Lors of bluegill and smaller bass.

Damn it, didn't get to fish it in time and does not look like I will ever be able to.

if corona is spilling over ; the creek below it will be full of fish. It always did.

we used to catch buttloads of fish in the river below the lake. from bass, crappie and blugill to cats and carp, even clawed frogs. best spot is by the cement plant, huge ponds back there. Before all the development naturally. Curious how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by 909er View Post
    we used to catch buttloads of fish in the river below the lake. from bass, crappie and blugill to cats and carp, even clawed frogs. best spot is by the cement plant, huge ponds back there. Before all the development naturally. Curious how it is now.
    I fished that spot 14 yrs ago. Bluegill tilapia and carp