Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Margarita Lake now full

Default Santa Margarita Lake now full

Just saw today that water is going over the dam spillway at Santa Margargita Lake. It's probably my favorite lake in SoCal. It's Beautiful, has fish all over the place, and mountain Lions will walk right up to the bow of your boat when you are alone in it!

That's awesome news! I bet San Antonio lake is full as well. Hopefully the creeks will flow this spring and there will be a good striper spawn there.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Just saw today that water is going over the dam spillway at Santa Margargita Lake. It's probably my favorite lake in SoCal. It's Beautiful, has fish all over the place, and mountain Lions will walk right up to the bow of your boat when you are alone in it!
    fishmounter,

I agree...Santa Margarita Lake is the nicest lake at which I have ever fished. My daughter lives in Arroyo Grande and every time my wife and I travel up to see her, I insist I have to take my boat. 'Can't miss a chance to fish Santa Margarita! Love it!

I went to school up in SLO.

Most expensive/slowest rental boat I've ever had was at Santa Margarita.

I guess the scenery was worth it.

So stoked the central coast lakes are filling up! Love the river at Margi, nothing better. San Antonio is up to over 30% capacity (from 5% the last couple years), up over 50', might take a couple of years for the fishing to rebound though.

http://www.lakenacimientolive.com/In...ter-level.html
    Last edited by bassnet; 02-11-2017 at 06:58 PM.