Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2017 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    JT money! Lackey is washed up. Time to retire

Apparently the D'Bags were very adamant about the Dodgers not pissing in their pool again.

So, essentially, they have horses to defend a body of water in the desert and they have a bobcat for a mascot for a team named after a snake.

Who drank all the Mickeys?
    wait a minute... what?

Also, D'bags gotta have, like, the most colors or any team anywhere ever - let's count 'em down: Kidney Punch Urine Red, Turd-quoise Blue, Very Varicose Purple, Don't Feed a Baby Doritos Poop Tan, Trailer Teeth Black and Whitest White of the Whites White.
    I miss any?

w

No wonder Angel fans called him John Shellackey.

I'm surprised he didn't yell at the batter (as he's known to do), yell at the umpire (as he's known to do) or go on a tirade when they interviewed him during the post game, (as he's known to do.)

That bomb from the Rojo Chingón couldn't have happened against a better person.

From a conversation I had earlier today:

Meet Keith Hupp, the man who nabbed Justin Turner's walk-off homer
    Arash Markazi
    ESPN Senior Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Catching a home run ball at a baseball game is supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience -- if you're lucky. For Keith Hupp, a 54-year-old retired police officer and lifelong Los Angeles Dodgers fan, it has almost become routine.

Hupp caught Justin Turner's walk-off home run Sunday night as the Dodgers defeated the Chicago Cubs 4-1 to take a 2-0 lead in the National League Championship Series. The home run came 29 years to the day (and just 40 minutes short of being to the exact minute) of Kirk Gibson's famous walk-off home run in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series. The whereabouts of that ball are still a mystery to this day, but it was clear Hupp was the one who caught Turner's home run as he was alone as he leaned over the side of the covered seats in the left-field pavilion and nabbed the ball with his glove.

When he was shown on television and on the scoreboard raising the ball above his head, several Dodgers staff members knew exactly who had caught it.

Just last month, Hupp, who has caught 10 home run balls this season and 18 over the past two, gave Dodgers rookie first baseman Cody Bellinger his record-tying (35) and record-breaking (36) home runs balls when he surpassed Mike Piazza for the Dodgers rookie home run record.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ner-walk-homer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Meet Keith Hupp, the man who nabbed Justin Turner's walk-off homer
    Arash Markazi
    ESPN Senior Writer

LOS ANGELES -- Catching a home....

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ner-walk-homer
    I loved this quote:

"I study the ESPN Home Run Tracker before every game," Hupp said. "I'll try to position myself to be in the best spot based on the player and pitcher. I track the home runs of every player in MLB, so I have an idea of where a home run ball might go.
    I thought that instead of trying to position yourself to be in the best spot to catch a home run at a given moment, you sit yourself in the seat that is printed on your ticket.

And judging that he's in the Left Field Pavilion, I'd love this guy to be like, "Heeeey, Little Puppet! You mind moving you and your crew of esteemed gentiles a few rows up. ESPN's Home Run Tracker says I have a 85.2% chance to catch this guy's homer where your seats are at."

I hear bat flips/tosses are contagious.

If the Dodgers win tonite they will have 5 days rest. of five teams that have had five days rest between the division championship and the world series... NONE have won the series.

what to wish for, what to wish for hhhhhhmmmmmm?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast