Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2017 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

So after Yu Garbage gets lit up tonight, we now face another conundrum heading into October.

1. Seager is obviously not healthy and his elbow needing off season surgery is a major concern that the FO is trying to bury.

2. Kershaw is in post-season form.

3. We have no clear #2 starter. (Unless you wanna start Garbage)

4. The fact that there are talks of starting Austin Barnes behind the plate during the playoffs says a lot about our situation behind the dish.

5. The fact our offense has gone stagnant against crappy pitching doesn't bode well when we're facing 1s and 2s in the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
    I thought Tony Montana died at the end of Scarface?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I thought Tony Montana died at the end of Scarface?

He came back as Domingo !!!

Go thru his videos. Lots of great stuff on there!! Especially "Bleacher Coach" and "Blaming your Equipment" are a couple of good ones. Best is "Coaches Kid"

DS-Were you a "coaches kid?" LOL

DS-Were you a "coaches kid?" LOL
    Faaaar from it.

I was the short second baseman with a great glove and better than average pop in his bat, whose parents sat in the stands quietly.

Our 'coach's kid' was the coach's kid, literally. He played shortstop and his dad beat baseball into him from day 1. I think he was taking ground balls a few moments after exiting the womb, and was forced to switch hit even though he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn right handed. The weirdest part is that he never made it far with his baseball career, while our bench warmer/right fielder ended up playing in the bigs.

DS throws at runners from first. Then cries interference.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Faaaar from it.

I was the short second baseman with a great glove and better than average pop in his bat, whose parents sat in the stands quietly.

Our 'coach's kid' was the coach's kid, literally. He played shortstop and his dad beat baseball into him from day 1. I think he was taking ground balls a few moments after exiting the womb, and was forced to switch hit even though he couldn't hit the broad side of the barn right handed. The weirdest part is that he never made it far with his baseball career, while our bench warmer/right fielder ended up playing in the bigs.
    Yea I quit coaching my daughter and her softball team once she turned 12. Shes in travel ball and I'm just a parent. I kick back eat my seeds, drink out of my Yeti Rambler and watch the game from Center Field. Best thing ever.....

Fishing has been put on pause for a while. Shes 15 and plays Varsity as well. She is learning from other coaches and I pay for pitching and hitting lessons. So yea fishing has been on back burner for now....

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    DS throws at runners from first. Then cries interference.
    I see DS being more of a Porter from the Sandlot Movie. Kinda of a smack talker.......

But not the fat kid on the team. lol

I see DS being more of a Porter from the Sandlot Movie. Kinda of a smack talker.......

But not the fat kid on the team. lol
    I halfed to watch DS on this one.

He helped drive in a single run not so long ago. The smothering team got schooled.

Yea I quit coaching my daughter and her softball team once she turned 12. Shes in travel ball and I'm just a parent. I kick back eat my seeds, drink out of my Yeti Rambler and watch the game from Center Field. Best thing ever.....

Fishing has been put on pause for a while. Shes 15 and plays Varsity as well. She is learning from other coaches and I pay for pitching and hitting lessons. So yea fishing has been on back burner for now....
    That's very commendable. Not a lot of parents doing parenting these days and letting Facebook and Google raise their kids.

Dunno how my parents did it. It was 3 rugrats they had to raise, with me occupying most of their time playing travel ball. No wonder my siblings hate me.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast