Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  Wicked Lures     Shop Hunting  Carver Covers  FXG International  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2017 LA Dodgers Thread - Sponsored by The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Like the Pirates?

    Or the Buccaneers?

    I need to know to prepare the punchline.
    PIRATES! and let us not forget those PITTSBURGH PENGUINS. (wheres the kings)

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Makin' America Great....
    Posts
    11,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halochef View Post
    PIRATES! and let us not forget those PITTSBURGH PENGUINS. (wheres the kings)
    We have a hockey team in LA?



    With like, uniforms and everything?

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    We have a hockey team in LA?



    With like, uniforms and everything?
    true! and they really do get paid for playing!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Makin' America Great....
    Posts
    11,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halochef View Post
    true! and they really do get paid for playing!
    Well, somebody's gotta play at the Forum, right?!



    Sooo....do we get swept at Wrigley?

    Rich Hill blisters, again? Gutierrez hurt? Turner leaving the game early with calf issues?

    We're right on pace!

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Well, somebody's gotta play at the Forum, right?!



    Sooo....do we get swept at Wrigley?

    Rich Hill blisters, again? Gutierrez hurt? Turner leaving the game early with calf issues?

    We're right on pace!
    The run by Utley in 9th off the Cub's error was special.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1278988683/?game_pk=490221

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Makin' America Great....
    Posts
    11,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    The run by Utley in 9th off the Cub's error was special.

    http://m.mlb.com/video/v1278988683/?game_pk=490221
    All we need is the Benny Hill theme superimposed on that video.

    But, so many things happening in so little time:

    1. Big ups to Toleys for running that out. Most Primadonnas would head back into the dugout yelling obscenities, but the moment he knew the ball hit the dirt, he was off and running.

    2. Big ups to Utley for the hustle, although this was not unexpected nor surprising if you've been a fan of Major League Baseball for the past 15 years. People with kids who are trying to get them to play baseball the right way should show them old Chase Utley videos.....

    3. What the HELL is Rizzo doing BEHIND the bag taking the throw from Contreras, when Contreras is clearly 5 feet away from the foul line inside fair territory? In this instance, Rizzo should've positioned himself on the second base side of the bag so that Contreras has a clear throw. (In the case where the ball is being thrown from foul territory, then you position yourself on the foul side of the bag) But behind it?!



    Even with the Contreraras' less than stellar throw, Rizzo should've been able to dig it out if he had been where he was supposed to be, or at the very least keep it in front of him, thus preventing Utley from scoring the insurance run.

    Rizzo's offensive prowess often overshadows the fact that he may have a below average glove. Of course, in this day an age, you'll take a few defensive miscues like the one yesterday for the amount of offense that he should produce.

    4. And the Cub's pitcher who spiked himself at the plate? This the first time wearing metal spikes, son?

    *
    Let's hope Ryu shuts them down today and we get the


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    the danger zone
    Posts
    4,734

    Default

    any bets on what the extravaganza at today's game will be? Shooting a ring to Harry Caray on a giant rocket? The entire "Chicago" musical for the 7th inning stretch? Slaughtering 108 billy goats in center field?
    nothing like understatement.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    3. What the HELL is Rizzo doing BEHIND the bag taking the throw from Contreras, when Contreras is clearly 5 feet away from the foul line inside fair territory? In this instance, Rizzo should've positioned himself on the second base side of the bag so that Contreras has a clear throw. (In the case where the ball is being thrown from foul territory, then you position yourself on the foul side of the bag) But behind it?!



    Even with the Contreraras' less than stellar throw, Rizzo should've been able to dig it out if he had been where he was supposed to be, or at the very least keep it in front of him, thus preventing Utley from scoring the insurance run.
    I was listening to the simulcast at the time (sorry, but the FSW team is f-ing god-awful), and Steiner specifically mentioned this by pointing out how Toles running straight up the line blocked a straight throw to the bag.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Makin' America Great....
    Posts
    11,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I was listening to the simulcast at the time (sorry, but the FSW team is f-ing god-awful), and Steiner specifically mentioned this by pointing out how Toles running straight up the line blocked a straight throw to the bag.
    Our catchers and 1st basemen got taught this when we were 10. Even 2nd basemen get into the mix, when they have to cover 1st on a bunt, when the 1B is crashing.

    When I saw the play develop, I honestly thought to myself that Rizzo was being lazy, and assuming Contreras was going to lob the ball over Toles' head. Rizzo didn't realize that:

    1. Toles' ran outta the box.
    2. The ball jumped out further out of Contrera's reach, than Rizzo had thought.

    So by the time he realized it was going to be a close play, it was too late for him to fight to get into position to take the throw on the inside part of the bag, and was left stranded behind the bag as the errant throw went past.

    Of course, they'll still beat us in the NLCS, so it doesn't really matter.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Makin' America Great....
    Posts
    11,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    any bets on what the extravaganza at today's game will be?
    Something more low key than that.

    Just throw a left hander at us!

    And watch the Dodger bats squirm.

    If both Hernandez and Van Slyke are on the team after the All Star Break, I'll be extremely disappointed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •