Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost my P.B.

Default Lost my P.B.

First time posting! Went out to the lake this morning waiting for that vitamin T and sure enough it showed up around 1, maybe around an hour or so later a few chasers started to show so thought if I stopped walking the damn and sit around for a but there would be one around the area and sure enough a trout came flying out of the water I grabbed my rod chucked my Avk swimbait AHEAD of the boil( not right on it like most people do ) and sure enough two cranks in I get slammed !!!! As I'm cranking keeping my rod tip up this thing starts rolling on the surface I thought to myself it has to be a 20pounder as I'm fighting this fish for 10 seconds maybe starts swimming towards me and I'm cranking ! I feel the head shake and boom he's off as quick as it all happened all the hours I spent trying to get these donkey stripers gone just like that😓 I pulled my bait in and look at the damage it was a freakin bent hook . Hopefully you guys get them there out there Forsure .. TIGHTLINES -IZZY

Thanks for the report...good to hear there's some topwater action going on...like another guy on this website said, "big stripers teach painful lessons".

Quote Originally Posted by Stirpers98 View Post
    First time posting! Went out to the lake this morning waiting for that vitamin T and sure enough it showed up around 1, maybe around an hour or so later a few chasers started to show so thought if I stopped walking the damn and sit around for a but there would be one around the area and sure enough a trout came flying out of the water I grabbed my rod chucked my Avk swimbait AHEAD of the boil( not right on it like most people do ) and sure enough two cranks in I get slammed !!!! As I'm cranking keeping my rod tip up this thing starts rolling on the surface I thought to myself it has to be a 20pounder as I'm fighting this fish for 10 seconds maybe starts swimming towards me and I'm cranking ! I feel the head shake and boom he's off as quick as it all happened all the hours I spent trying to get these donkey stripers gone just like that�� I pulled my bait in and look at the damage it was a freakin bent hook . Hopefully you guys get them there out there Forsure .. TIGHTLINES -IZZY
    Let's see a pic of that lure.

OUCH...sounds like it's time to swap out for some 0wner hooks

Keep at it and best of luck!

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    OUCH...sounds like it's time to swap out for some 0wner hooks

Keep at it and best of luck!

TD
    Thanks and that's the thing I did have fresh owner hooks on

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    Thanks for the report...good to hear there's some topwater action going on...like another guy on this website said, "big stripers teach painful lessons".
    Yeah that sounds about right lol I will be out there Monday will post about how it went later that day

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Let's see a pic of that lure.
    It's a avk custom bait you should check him out makes some good baits

Worth checking out the VMC 9626PS hook, hope you land the Pb next time-Thanks for sharing.

Big Stripers will break your heart.

Sounds like your learning the in's and out's of big striper fishing. If your bending hooks your drag is to tight, LOOSEN IT UP alittle. With the big ones you need to let'em run and don't get so excited that you start jerking'um. Cause if you do, they will school you everytime..Keep putting in time and it will payoff...Nice reports....And as far as hooks go, owner ST_36BC size 1/0 and 2/0 are the only hooks on my swims. Haven't bent one yet............
    Last edited by Fishin4runner; 02-09-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast