Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little update...

Default A little update...

Talked to somebody who I feel has a pretty good idea about what is going on with the lake and the new management. First, the rumor about the people who run Santa Ana Lakes taking over is just that... a rumor. Apparently the County is going to start interviewing for the operation of the lake, in the next six months or so is what I was told. Sounds to me that we won't see the lake open to the public until 2018? On a brighter note, the water level is WAY up!!! I am not sure if it is from the recent rain or they are letting water into the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by boomstikit View Post
    On a brighter note, the water level is WAY up!!! I am not sure if it is from the recent rain or they are letting water into the lake.
    It's from the recent rains. I drive by it 5 days a week to get to and from work. I've seen it gradually go up which each passing storm. It was the one on 1/22 that really added a ton of water! Once all the creeks finished emptying, it looks more like the old Irvine lake.

Hopefully the County chooses a good operator.

It would be cool if the county or city ran it like SD/Escondido do with Dixon. reasonable prices and good stocks. I probably won't fish it if it costs $25 a head just to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    It would be cool if the county or city ran it like SD/Escondido do with Dixon. reasonable prices and good stocks. I probably won't fish it if it costs $25 a head just to get in.
    I was thinking the same thing. Of course with the higher fees you get more fish but maybe that will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by marley View Post
    i was thinking the same thing. Of course with the higher fees you get more fish but maybe that will work out.
    wouldn't expect to be ran any different then any other public lake, with a few stocked by dfg in the amounts you see a diamond valley puddingstone etc,,going take license, it won't be a pay lake per say with tons of fish added every week or anything that's not raised by dfg, lots of little trout and cats, be lucky to see anything put in bigger than a pound ,,, of course the instead of the lake patrol going to be patrolled by the sheriff dept. And dfg hopefully that will keep all the drunk a$$es off the lake

Quote Originally Posted by riverbud55 View Post
    wouldn't expect to be ran any different then any other public lake, with a few stocked by dfg in the amounts you see a diamond valley puddingstone etc,,going take license, it won't be a pay lake per say with tons of fish added every week or anything that's not raised by dfg, lots of little trout and cats, be lucky to see anything put in bigger than a pound ,,, of course the instead of the lake patrol going to be patrolled by the sheriff dept. And dfg hopefully that will keep all the drunk a$$es off the lake
    If you look at LNL as a model it's not as bleak as it could be. LNL was taken over by Orange County and then ran as a regional park lake. They do their own trout stocking's in 1,000-2,000 lbs at a shot. I don't think DFG is even involved with them.

I love LNL, it definitely Isn't as well maintained as it was when it was a private lake but still is a great place to stick a few fish on a day I don't have time to drive to the wood or skinner. I am not a trout fisherman unless we are talking about streams and rivers so as far as I'm concerned the 1lb DFG stocks can feed all the big bass, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I love LNL, it definitely Isn't as well maintained as it was when it was a private lake but still is a great place to stick a few fish on a day I don't have time to drive to the wood or skinner. I am not a trout fisherman unless we are talking about streams and rivers so as far as I'm concerned the 1lb DFG stocks can feed all the big bass, haha.
    1lbers??? more like 1/2lbers or even 1/4lbers by dfg hahah.

That's the size that the OC parks been getting. bunch of 4-8 inchers hahah an 11 incher in an OC park now is a whopper =0)
    Yeah, the bass guys love them because they will plump up the bass in the lakes.

Plump up the bass? That's the first time I have heard of cormorants referred to as "bass" ��

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast