Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A little update...

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    So you all know the show In Fisherman, they rated Irvine one of the best blue cat fisheries in the nation.
    That alone would be worth dropping some coin on it for proper management by a food bio and team.

I have had some of my best top water bass fishing days there in my life. It was August, muggy and overcast. The LMB were eating the full size Zara Spook with reckless abandoned. 2-3 blowups per retrieve. They were waking while chasing the damn thing. Epic. Also can beat the frog in the fall in the sticks.
    Lower Otay blows irvine away when it comes to blues. Always has, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Lower Otay blows irvine away when it comes to blues. Always has, always will.
    Irvine Lake ability to produce Monster Blue Catfish is a simple formula. (same as a feed lot for cows) Stock medium size Blue Catfish and watch them grow. As far as I can tell, "Irvine lake as very little natural reproduction on the Blue Catfish." So if you don't continual stock Medium size Blue Catfish. You will eventually end up with nothing!!!

The lake has boat docks and speed buoys out in the water, I heard it might be opening soon.

Really? The water level is REALLY low... But, any sign of life is positive!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
    The lake has boat docks and speed buoys out in the water, I heard it might be opening soon.
    Don't believe the hype lucky1

Probably the same docks and bouys left by previous management.

I call bullshit.
    That place had boat races as well as concerts. come on dude get your **** straight

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234