Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic lagoon

Default Castaic lagoon

hello, is there a topo map of the lagoon? where would i locate one? also i noticed there are no bait shops near this lake. if there is one, can one direct? thanks.
    halochef

Quote Originally Posted by halochef View Post
    hello, is there a topo map of the lagoon? where would i locate one? also i noticed there are no bait shops near this lake. if there is one, can one direct? thanks.
    halochef
    Gallions Market is right down the street, bait and deli spot....good luck on the water!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/gallions-market-castaic-2

TD

halochef
    As mentioned, Gallion's is the place to go. They (and most tackle shops) should have a depth contour map, or you can go to the navionics website:

http://webapp.navionics.com/

Click the little button on the lower left to get higher resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    As mentioned, Gallion's is the place to go. They (and most tackle shops) should have a depth contour map, or you can go to the navionics website:

http://webapp.navionics.com/

Click the little button on the lower left to get higher resolution.
    Thanks i have been looking for this site! i like it better than "fishidy"

hello again if one fishes from the shore at the lagoon is there a risk for snakes or any animals like that around? thanks ps new to Socal from the east coast

another question. my "color selector" is in storage so what color works for plastic baits and for crank baits? what is the bait fish in the lagoon? trout-shinners-blue gills/sunfish?
    thanks

hello again if one fishes from the shore at the lagoon is there a risk for snakes or any animals like that around? thanks ps new to Socal from the east coast
    Absolutely no danger from any animal or snake or bug. Can't vouch for human activity though.

Default color

another question about the lagoon what colors for soft baits work and how about crankbaits and spinner baits?? thanks

another question about the lagoon what colors for soft baits work and how about crankbaits and spinner baits?? thanks
    senkos: oxblood, green pumpkin,watermelon
    roboworms: oxblood, aaron's magic, tequila sunrise

pretty much what I use but I'm sure there are more experienced anglers with a much bigger variety of baits they've been successful with. Going to float tube maybe friday and try some Powerteam lures jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Absolutely no danger from any animal or snake or bug. Can't vouch for human activity though.
    When you fish the lagoon during the summer at night, it's baby rattlesnake central.

Definitely have to watch where you step, especially since they haven't developed their rattles and are not prone to dry bites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast