Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castaic lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    When you fish the lagoon during the summer at night, it's baby rattlesnake central.

Definitely have to watch where you step, especially since they haven't developed their rattles and are not prone to dry bites.
    really? I went out a lot last summer at night and never even thought about looking for rattlers, I would just see racoons/coyotes/owls/skunks

thanks guys for the info

also i was a big bass fisherman with a buddy back in the mid and early 90's. this was in the Pittsburgh, pa. area. fished a lake that we both knew well. still have my worms and baits from that period and the soft baits still are in good shape. Mann's, power baits, grubs, gittizs. buddy passed away and i kinda lost intrest. sold the boat to move out here. hence did go on different sites and watched the new techs that are used. i dont remember the "drop shot" tech back in the 90's. heck i just saw Doug Hannon passed back in '13. and here is a kicker.. when we move out here i packed all my reels, left them on our driveway wall and they all got thrown out. 8 rods and no reels.. did buy 2 to start. live now closse to the lagoon. so i'll fish from sh ore till the house sells and i can buy a big ol' bass boat
    thanks for listening!
    ps thats why all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhologram View Post
    really? I went out a lot last summer at night and never even thought about looking for rattlers, I would just see racoons/coyotes/owls/skunks
    Just make sure you always look down.

You'll definitely get a surprise if you wander too far from the campgrounds.

hey dark shadow you remind me of a tune
    Last edited by halochef; 03-09-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12