Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any tips on bluegill and bass fishing from shore at DVL ?

My mom caught a massive 12" gill' on a whole fat nightcrawler and a size 1 owner on a 1/4oz C-rig one winter when we were there drifting for Stripers by the inlet tower.

thanks for the info guys...i really appreciate it and i would of shitted myself if seeing that snake lol

rcdub,

A buddy of mine fished DVL last weekend and said it was really tuff. He's a great stick, (won Angler of the Year in our bass club). When he says it was really tuff, I know it is! DVL should start turning on by the end of February when the males move up, start making beds and the Mommies come looking for a bed & company! It will get much better from shore at that time...and stay good until the weather gets too warm!

appreciate the info sir

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    My mom caught a massive 12" gill' on a whole fat nightcrawler and a size 1 owner on a 1/4oz C-rig one winter when we were there drifting for Stripers by the inlet tower.
    12 in. bluegill ,,,

did you guys kill it?

cm

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    12 in. bluegill ,,,

did you guys kill it?

cm
    I believe we tossed it back since it was the only one we got that day, not enough to make a decent meal for several people. I have though gotten solid limits of good ones in the past when the lake had stable water levels. That was years ago though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12