Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: live bait

Default live bait

where can you buy live crawdads. use to be able to buy them. now its like they are extinct. do not want to bring them from romeos bait and tackle

I know you can buy a $14 trap and get all you want in the Lower Owens River. Guy in a camp next to us would catch 20-30 each night in November. Big and small ones.

Because you don't want Lady Quagga mussels being brought in from an outside source, I recommend making sure the craws you capture are from the same body of water, or else you might get into trouble.

I say "might" because DFG enforcement is pretty non existent around these parts.

i know what you mean. down here they might ask you for your license. see how many pole you are suppose to have. up north they are like the fricken A.T.F.

Viejo… What camp are you talking about? Where is it?

We caught a lot at the PVR campgrounds on the Owens...they were YUMMY!

MM

East County fishing tackle in Sandiego has them

8. Default

Most of our crawdads in so cal are louisiana red swamp crawfish (Procambarus clarkii)
    Almost every unpolluted creek, stream, or lake has a population of them.

They originally came to socal from louisiana or somewhere in the south, at least a hundred years ago!

You can order them from louisiana ... kenny la blanck or Louisiana Crawfish company.......
    they deliver them to your door alive in a gunny sack......
    you take 'em out of the sack, put em in water, and you can expect usually 75% or more to survive and recover fully.

*tree hugger- left wingers are trying to outlaw crawdads and everything else they don't know **** about....
    i am a 5th generation native southern californian.... i am 50 years old, and my great grandpa had crawdads in his backyard in san gabriel when i was 3.
    the funny part is these fools who think crawdads are ''non native and invasive'', are from other states and countries.....
    Who is non native and invasive?
    Definitely not me, and not crawdads either.

P.S
    i am a well known trophy bass and striper fisherman and guide....
    I have caught hundreds of largemouth bass over ten pounds......
    most of 'em on live crawdads.
    Last edited by erik; 02-12-2017 at 07:22 PM.