Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: best places in so cal

Default best places in so cal

question. in your opinion where is the best place to fish around here at this time. i dont care if its bass ,striper or trout. bought a steelhead card but since the sac river looks like this. and the american river at nimbus dam looks like this steelhead fishing is out of the question.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170113_125318.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	49523   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ncd1.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	49524  

question...your location says san bdno, which I'm assuming is san Bernardino, however your posting fisheries that are many miles away? You're a few months late on the nimbus dam as the salmon spawn was thick here in oct/nov, with the steelhead following behind them feasting on the roe. If you are in fact in San Bernardino, you're pretty much limited in options. If you have a boat, you can chase the bass at local lakes, since they will be in deep water at this time of year. You can always chase the trout trucks that dump in the local regional parks, check dfg website for stocks. Shore bound from Silverwood may be a good option for you as you can fish a few different techniques to target different species. You can fish off the docks and target schoolie stripers, stocked trout and possibly a cold catfish. Don't be a afraid to throw a trout pattern swimbait as these are candy bars for the big stripers that are in there. Stay to where you think the trout will be if you're chucking the big baits. Where ever you go, good luck and post up a report. That silverwood section has been Add to dictionary

yes i am from berdoo. and yes i go to these places about once every two months. i do frequent the wood, perris and dval. but hardly ever in the winter months.usually my job is very busy at this time and football have me sidelined for a minute.there are no steelhead up there at this time. water is moving way too fast. about 10 knots easily. seen logs moving fast down current than the cars on the street. anyways i was thinking about perris on the east end. tossing some crawdad look alikes out there . thanks for the info