Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It's been seven years and about 2 weeks...

Default It's been seven years and about 2 weeks...

...since Corona Lake has been SPILLING OVER! It's a full pool of chocolate milk right now. I would have snapped a pic but I didn't want to crash. It's hard to get a good look at it from the 15, especially when the water matches the brown rocks along the east side of the lake. Yes, the "FISHING" rocks are down, but they've been taken down before.
    Now, wheeeeere's that Mt. Lassen 18 wheeler?! There's still plenty of time to salvage a decent trout season, and that water will last about 5 years before it all evaporates again. LET'S DO IT, FISHING LAKES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    ...since Corona Lake has been SPILLING OVER! It's a full pool of chocolate milk right now. I would have snapped a pic but I didn't want to crash. It's hard to get a good look at it from the 15, especially when the water matches the brown rocks along the east side of the lake. Yes, the "FISHING" rocks are down, but they've been taken down before.
    Now, wheeeeere's that Mt. Lassen 18 wheeler?! There's still plenty of time to salvage a decent trout season, and that water will last about 5 years before it all evaporates again. LET'S DO IT, FISHING LAKES!!!
    Thanks for the report. All week as I'm pelted with rain I kept thinking about all the good this rain is going to do for Ca. Corona lake came to my mind more then any other lake.

That's the best news all day! The basin got a good flushing and chocolate milk settles in a week or two so let's hope we get some trout action out there sometime soon.

Yep its full. I live by there and see it often. This last storm really pushed it up. Monday the spill pipe was gushing and the south end of Temescal road was closed due to water flows which end up in that lake. This morning there were no flows coming in over the road but the spillway was still flowing a little water.

Water was almost up to the trees in the south end. There is a large area in the mid/south area of the lake with heavy vegetation still above water. I guess that area was still too muddy to clear out when the lake went down. They had some pretty tall vegetation growing there which was the shoreline back then. I know they scraped out a lot of the lake bed in the shallow south end last year.
    All the boats are still there in the lot. Saw about 4 or 5 cars today so maybe they are starting to prep the lake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corona.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	49522

It's full, but don't expect it to open anytime soon unfortunately...at least that was the word shared on social media.

TD

JUST SAW ON NBC NEWS at 4:45pm, they did a short story on Corona Lake filling up and they said they are planning on opening the lake soon! This is GREAT news!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    JUST SAW ON NBC NEWS at 4:45pm, they did a short story on Corona Lake filling up and they said they are planning on opening the lake soon! This is GREAT news!
    Per Craig Elliott...

"Ch 4 did do a story about the drought ending and featured videos of Corona Lake. They must have made up the story because the Lake will remain closed for fishing."

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Per Craig Elliott...

"Ch 4 did do a story about the drought ending and featured videos of Corona Lake. They must have made up the story because the Lake will remain closed for fishing."

TD
    Great, got my hopes up for nothing. This is what I get for believing the liberal media!