Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Question about Anaheim Lake

Default Question about Anaheim Lake

Where does it get the water? The lake has come up a ton from just a mud puddle a couple of months ago. I searched online but couldn't find any info. I drove by the lake today and it's got a ton of water in it. I'm guessing it's primarily used for water storage, but curious how they get it. Thanks!

Sorry for the doo doo pic, didn't feel like getting out of the truck to snap a pic... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-22-17.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	49508

There are two inlets, one in the northeast corner of the lake that comes from Lake Matthews, the other in the southeast corner that comes from the Santa Ana River. That one enters at the bottom of the lake and can't be seen once the lake has ten feet or so of water. With all the storm water running out to sea I bet the water district grabbed all they could and put it wherever they had room. I'm thinking that's why the lake water is so muddy right now.

Thanks for the info! I figured they'd be trying to store as much as possible. Santa Ana river is staring to run pretty good, stoked on this rain!

This rain is great! Will fill our lakes nicely. All that newly flooded brush should bode well for crappie and bass over the next few years, babies having lots of places to hide.

Yep, very nice- stoked to see the central coast lakes filling and now the water is flowing in San Diego too- good stuff