Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Whitefish, Walleye, Perch and Pike oh my!

Default Whitefish, Walleye, Perch and Pike oh my!

This was our first time fishing Gull Lake and this is how we got it done on a bright sunny high pressure cold front when few other people were catching fish. You can tell from the constant buzz of Augers in the background that people were moving around a lot rather than catching fish. We had a slow day but managed several nice fish out in deeper water. All on the small slender spoon. We caught several perch, a nice whitefish, a walleye and a few pike. It really is amazing how many people fish this lake on a week day! Simply amazing. Check it out and I hope you enjoy the show. Lots of room out there and I feel like despite the pressure there are still a lot of fish to be caught.

Nice mixed bag ice fishing....

Awesome job as always and great video.
    Ice fishing is on my bucket list.
    How are the whitefish to eat?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Awesome job as always and great video.
    Ice fishing is on my bucket list.
    How are the whitefish to eat?
    Whitefish is one of the best eating fish. Used to be shipped by the train load from Alberta Canada to New York and sold in fancy restaurants. They have since shut down our commercial fishery in Alberta. But we still sport fish for them. I think they are pretty good eating. Nice flaky white meat!