Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: open yet?

Default open yet?

question. corona open yet?

No Corona lake is not open. It does
    not look to open soon or ever at all.
    They even took the big fishing sign on the
    mountain down, that said fishing. I bet they
    will sale the property to developers.

sad. never caught anything out of there but sad. guess ill stick to perris or silverwood

Corona Lake has been reported to be full and, at least over the weekend, spilling. Hopefully they can find enough fish somewhere to plant it with something. The cover scene changed a lot while the water level was down, plenty of new and now-flooded brush for crappie and bass fry to hide in. Should be some good fishing down the road.

I wonder if any of Elsinore's carp made it up to the lake when the creek was flowing heavy. At least then there'd be something to catch! There's probably no way any fish survived the 2 years of puddle levels at the lake anyway.
    I can't imagine them stocking again. It's not that bringing everything back online at the lake would be expensive, but hiring the state mandated biologist to create an ecological impact report would. If we'd quit electing people who are out to ruin hunting and fishing for the entire state, we might be able to turn things around, but at the rate we've been going the past 10 or so years, I'd say it's pretty much over with for us anglers. Can't even build your own lake and put fish in it on YOUR OWN PROPERTY without the state f'ing with you.