Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Bass Tracker Pro 170 Leaking

Default Bass Tracker Pro 170 Leaking

Just found a small gouge in underside of the hull in my aluminum bass tracker pro 170. Can any of you recommend the best way to fix this?

Lots of questions to be asked here. #1) the gouge is how big?? #2 where on the bottom of the hull is the gouge located?? 3) are good with tools? 4) this sounds like a 2 man job.
    What I would do is get a piece of 4 inch pipe, at least as long as the gouge, have one person in the boat and the other outside, from the inside pound in the gouge until its flat. On the outside have the person hold the pipe over the gouge and push as best they can until the gouge is now flat with the bottoms contour. If the gouge is a tear, I would then put a piece of aluminum over the tear with a 1 inch boarder all around. ruff up both surfaces drill holes (small) and attach to this patch to the bottom. Before you do this put a lot of JB WELD on both pieces and then tighten down. Put the bolt side on the outside and the nut on the inside. Cut or grind off the bolt extending from the nut.