Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Post Cold Front Striper Recon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Post Cold Front Striper Recon

I'm new to the board, but not the lake. I read a lot of your posts and I want to give something back to those who post regularly.

The lake is rising fast, and the inlet is flowing. There were no fish in the ski arm. The fish I found had lock jaw on lug worms and crawlers. I was using 2lb line and a single split shot. No takers on bait. They were thick schools which stayed put for 3hrs. I picked up a few trolling Urigs and a jerkbait on lead core.

PM me if your a regular poster and I'll tell you exactly where the striper and shad schools were today.

Thanks for all your posts! They helped me a lot.

Thanks for the report! Rain and cold scared us off this week. Lol

Congrats for getting a few to bite...I haven't had any luck with bait for stripers in a while...I usually use 4 lb. line when bait fishing stripers, and that's a challenge with a good striper...what's it like with 2 lb.?

2lb is tough, but it's always better to get a bite than nothing at all. The last few days have been a tough. Fish are stacked up in the back of Elizabeth, but they have lockjaw. I've watched some of Castaic's best fishermen struggle over the last week. Is it the full moon?

........one of my apprentices did really good there today......i love when students pay attention.................T/O............i think they will biteing good weds............the time of the year changes the effect of the moon sign............

Good to know TO! I have a lot to learn. See you Wednesday.

7. Default

Any tips on catching LMB on the upper lake from shore? New to the sight but not to the lake my brother takes me hear a lot and we would fish the spillway and kill em on the drop shot but we drove up to the top got bit on a swim bait but it snapped 15 lb and lost my swim bait I have fished other lakes for bass but they are pretty small and we were able to borrow a boat thanks

Set your drag and keep doing what you're doing. Most of the lmb are 40' right now. Good luck!

9. Default

Thank you lacalyokle what do you mean buy "40'"

Quote Originally Posted by Catch n release wild fish View Post
    Thank you lacalyokle what do you mean buy "40'"
    unit of measurement

40'= 40 feet below the surface, where the water will be warmer. The outside air temp will drop the surface temp of the water, thus having warmer water deeper below