Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kill all Carp

I wish Arrowhead would let outsiders fish there if they promised to kill some carp. Definitely an underfished lake that has a huge carp problem.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Nobody wants Cuyamaca to change from a trout and largemouth lake to a trophy carp lake, well except for one or two.
    He's talking to you IF2L!!! You carp lover!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Appreciate the effort from the lake, but they could've gotten someone else other than the 17 year old bro who drinks Monster for breakfast to come up with the wording for the signs.

The ole "Kill Kill Kill" "Slay Slay Slay" mentality is for guys who haven't quite evolved yet:

I almost thought this was social media. I was looking for a "Like" button!

I'll post this instead:

Appreciate the effort from the lake, but they could've gotten someone else other than the 17 year old bro who drinks Monster for breakfast to come up with the wording for the signs.

The ole "Kill Kill Kill" "Slay Slay Slay" mentality is for guys who haven't quite evolved yet:

Could've used "cull," "manage," even "harvest."

But let's use "kill!"

Smart idea, that'll get everyone on board.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

Could've used "cull," "manage," even "harvest."

But let's use "kill!"

Smart idea, that'll get everyone on board.
    As I said in my earlier post on the subject, "Goofy" management at that lake!!!! lol But the Kid who ran the boat docks was one of the nicest people I met in along time. When he saw our plan to rent a row boat but then put my trolling motor on it at the courtesy dock 300 feet away. He offered to row the boat there for us!!! I told him that was really nice of you to offer to do that for us, but as junior high school kid we use to row a boat to Sierra cove at Irvine lake. (that's not exactly a hop skip and a jump from the boat docks back then!!!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-09-2017 at 04:08 PM.

I fished Cuyamaca once for an October weekend about 7 years ago. We caught one trout on PB, one on mack (!?), and on Saturday afternoon while drifting, we found the crappie. We limited out in less than an hour. This is about 10 people all using a piece of an orange powerworm. There were so many crappie in that lake it was ridiculous. Off course, C&R at that place is grounds for execution, so we kept all those palm sized slabbies and spent hours carving them up. The one couple we were with that said they;d wait for morning to do it and left them in their cooler for tomorrow woke up to an empty cooler. They found their stringer off in the bushes with a single jawbone stuck to it. Those pesky coons!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    I fished Cuyamaca once for an October weekend about 7 years ago. We caught one trout on PB, one on mack (!?), and on Saturday afternoon while drifting, we found the crappie. We limited out in less than an hour. This is about 10 people all using a piece of an orange powerworm. There were so many crappie in that lake it was ridiculous. Off course, C&R at that place is grounds for execution, so we kept all those palm sized slabbies and spent hours carving them up. The one couple we were with that said they;d wait for morning to do it and left them in their cooler for tomorrow woke up to an empty cooler. They found their stringer off in the bushes with a single jawbone stuck to it. Those pesky coons!
    there is a limit for the crappies over
    there right now...
    certain groups of people were taking
    hundreds every day.

cm

8. Default

Selective harvest, sure.

Kill, kill, kill - meh...childish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12