Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Phenix m1 inshore rod question

Default Phenix m1 inshore rod question

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the saltwater game, I'm usually fishing for trout. I just recently picked up a Phenix m1 inshore smx82ml 10-25 lb 1-3 oz. I'm paring it up with a Shimano Calcutta 400b that I got as a gift. I was wondering if this will be good enough for the calicos and other inshore fish. I'll mainly be using live bait ( I should add I do have my own boat) but may also throw some lures. Any advise is appreciated.

If I enjoy it I'm planning on getting the lexa 400 and a heavier rod for bigger fish.

I used to have the same rod paired with a Luna 253, that was plenty for calicos or anything in the bays or inshore around here. enjoy it!

mission89,

Here is what Mudhole Customer Tackle has posted on their website about that specific rod blank:
    The Latest in Nano Tube Technology
    The next generation has arrived! We’ve successfully made the changes to increase sensitivity and ensure more lifting power, while keeping with its dynamic rod design. If it’s fishing stubborn Calico bass in the thickest kelp, or pulling on mid summer pelagic's, M1 Inshore Series gives you the ideal balance and power to handle the variety of challenges.