Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Its good to be back!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Its good to be back!

Having taken the last 8 months off to remodel the interior of my house from the floor up im gonna start getting back on the water. Just trying to get a starting point, has anyone been out there lately? Gonna get out there tomorrow and try and find em. Any recent info would be nice and I'll let you guys know what I find.

Any luck?
    It's been tough unless you're very local and regular there.

I managed four smallish 1-3 pounds for seven hours of fishing. I found mine in deep water using small baits on a dropshot. Spent most of my day sitting in 50-60 feet of water casting into about 30-35 fow. Small 2-3 inch baits like the cross-tail shad that mimic the gobys that are in DVL. Small chunk rock areas were the best and work the bait painfully slow, literally do nothing but keep the bait in contact with the bottom. Saw a ton of fish suspended on the graph but couldnt get them to chew. Good luck out there.

Thanks for the report. Went to Perris Sunday, and didn't see a single fish caught all day. So I'd say you did quite well.

Ive heard that its been rough over there lately. Stop by last chance once in a while, the guys in there are very helpful and they have baits other places dont. They are usually dialed in on the bite at DVL.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Ive heard that its been rough over there lately. Stop by last chance once in a while, the guys in there are very helpful and they have baits other places dont. They are usually dialed in on the bite at DVL.
    I'll do that. I've always wanted to go there, but I get there early and I live an hour away.