Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Stone.

Default The Stone.

Stopped by the old pudd today on my way home from Covina. Lots of water and only a few fishing the lake. They don't stock it any more. Check out the sail boat cove, the little pier is all gone.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4588.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	49469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4594.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	49470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	49471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture 2.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	49472

Used to be my favorite local lake,should really fill up in the next few days.

Cya Tuna Vic

Was out there last week. Got skunked. Lake looked pretty close to full to me. Looking at the deteriorating docks and piers is sad. Used to be such a well maintained lake. They really need to start stocking again to get some people out there.

Any bass and bluegill in there? What's left of that pier should be holding some fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_562 View Post
    Any bass and bluegill in there? What's left of that pier should be holding some fish.
    Both are still there...But for bass fishing i have had a tough a time as ever..There was a pretty big die off like 3 years ago and it's still recovering..Throw in no more trout stocks don't expect too many more 8+ fish there anytime soon.

Default Pudd.

I never knew there was a die off , why did that happen ?

Nice pictures. Was there yesterday. Birds were going hard after something, thought it was shad at first but looked like small bass. Been pretty good the last few years for me and other regulars. Haven't got anything over 6lbs but a few others have caught them from 8-12lbs last year alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision246 View Post
    I never knew there was a die off , why did that happen ?
    Seasonal turnover...but an extreme case of it.

Caught my first bass ever a couple weeks ago near the docks next to the ramp. Water level seems to be as high as it can get. Looking forward to fishing a lot more on this lake.

Puddingstone was great last year with a lot of 3-4 pound bass on plastics and hard baits including a great top water bite. my largest catch this year was just over 5 pounds but I have caught them as large as 12 pounds out the Pudd. The last couple of months the bass fishing has been real slow with only a few random catches.
    The water levels have been fluctuating it appears just before every rain they let water out, so every time the water level comes up it goes back down. But the levels aren't bad I hope they will be as high as they where last spring.
    To view some current catches and techniques used at Puddingstone visit the fishing blog at www.bassinthehood.com.
    https://bassinthehood.com/blogs/fishing-essentials