Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: How long do float tubes normally last?

Default How long do float tubes normally last?

I've got a blue FishCat that I received new in Feb 2012 that I have used quite a bit at first, but has been in my garage partially inflated for the past year, maybe longer. How long do the bladders normally last? Is it safe to fully inflate and use?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I've got a blue FishCat that I received new in Feb 2012 that I have used quite a bit at first, but has been in my garage partially inflated for the past year, maybe longer. How long do the bladders normally last? Is it safe to fully inflate and use?

I've had mine for well over 10 yrs.

I have not used it too much (probably not as much as you) but it has been used and is very old.

It's been kept in a protected room from sunlight, too much heat, and is partially inflated.

I don't know the norm lifespan.

I'd inflate it and let it sit.

The air will expand in heat and/or higher altitude, contract in cool and/or lower altitude.

But if it holds air (all the above remaining stable), I think it'll be good.

That's how I evaluate mine anyway.

I did make a small hole once, sealed it (lakeside) and it has been good ever since.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 01-06-2017 at 04:50 AM.

You're actually still in warranty - the FishCat comes with a 5 year warranty. I wouldn't expect any sort of problem at all.