Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Glen helen

Default Glen helen

Anyone planning on going to the derby this sat?...I know its going to be packed, i usually stay away from derbies but im going to give it a try this time around. Fishing has been quite consistant as of lately😀😉😊..good luckk

Did you end up going? If so, how was it?

Default Soaked yet satisfied 😎

Got to the lake at 430, the line was impressive lol. Kept on driving went to yucaipa.Bummed to miss it,heard a couple of double d's came out that day. Today went around 1030 to 2 , weather set to rain. I thought it would lighten up but it just started pouring at the lake. Mother nature kept the crowds home,only a hand full of anglers today. Plastics were the money, man did it feel good slayn in the rain.Able to bring some dinner home and ten successful C&R, live to fight another day (tommarow) cough cough. Rough weather, great fishing😊. Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170112_151914(0).jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	49486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170112_151359.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	49487  

Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Did you end up going? If so, how was it?

The line was insane.
    Got there at 5am. Line started moving at 6am. Got in by 7am.
    Action was slow as I fish the smaller lake. Tons of anglers were fishing.....too many to guess. However, I fished from 7am til about noon and I only saw about 10 fish pulled in and I'd have to say that's rather low for a "derby". I did see a whopper pulled in rumored to be upwards of around 10 lbs, however I'm not sure exactly how much it weighed.