Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: current bite....?????

Default current bite....?????

anyone been out recently? ... is it worth braving the cold (wet?) for some bass? .......

There was a float tube event there on Sunday Dec. 4th and not one bass was caught.

Went out yesterday and saw a few on the graph hugging the bottom and one nice school. It's nice and cold out there and feels like the bite is going to turn on. I saw Pete out there and he (as always) was catching them deep. I managed one... but it was a god one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	49387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass_pic.JPG 
Views:	458 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	49386  

thanks to both of you for the info ... may try tomorrow, but chips don't seem to be falling right at the mo .... would be last chance b4 January .....will report if do get out ....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    Went out yesterday and saw a few on the graph hugging the bottom and one nice school. It's nice and cold out there and feels like the bite is going to turn on. I saw Pete out there and he (as always) was catching them deep. I managed one... but it was a god one.
    DaveyBoy,

That is a killer bass for the way Perris has been fishing lately! I talked with a buddy of mine who had fished the Turkey Shoot at Perris on Thanksgivings Day. He told me there was only one legal bass caught in the tournament!

Thanks BassinPLS. The bite was tough, but they are there. I didn't have enough time to figure out the bite (even though I was right on top of a ton of fish), but fortunately, Big Mamma got hungry. This cold front might affect the bite for a bit, but I think that after that, it will get good. I love wintertime bassin at Perris.

The bite has transitioned from mid level to deep and ultra deep in the span of about a week and a half...

In my opinion the bite is really good... That was a giant DaveyBoy.. congrats on that GIANT!!!

Ive been going out several times a week and Im going tomorrow and weve been hammering the bass... All sizes with different quality each day but typical fish is about 3-4 lbs... Im having no problem catching them as Winter is one of my favorite times to fish... I would have went today but when I opened the garage to put the trailer on the truck, I realized my wife took my truck to work...hahaha so no fishing for me today...but were going tomorrow... Yesterday I smashed them..

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    The bite has transitioned from mid level to deep and ultra deep in the span of about a week and a half...

In my opinion the bite is really good... That was a giant DaveyBoy.. congrats on that GIANT!!!

Ive been going out several times a week and Im going tomorrow and weve been hammering the bass... All sizes with different quality each day but typical fish is about 3-4 lbs... Im having no problem catching them as Winter is one of my favorite times to fish... I would have went today but when I opened the garage to put the trailer on the truck, I realized my wife took my truck to work...hahaha so no fishing for me today...but were going tomorrow... Yesterday I smashed them..

Pete
    How'd you do today? Mark and I are going tomorrow.

Sorry Mark.... Just saw this now... text me next time... The bite was really good for us we managed about 10-12 fish from deep.. The only tough day lately was Tuesday this week when the wind was howling in my face all day and my stents were hurting me...

You and one of the boys may need to get out there with me soon if your struggling... I have days available next week... I finally had my stent removed yesterday and I feel great!!!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Marino View Post
    Sorry Mark.... Just saw this now... text me next time... The bite was really good for us we managed about 10-12 fish from deep.. The only tough day lately was Tuesday this week when the wind was howling in my face all day and my stents were hurting me...

You and one of the boys may need to get out there with me soon if your struggling... I have days available next week... I finally had my stent removed yesterday and I feel great!!!

Pete
    No problem Pete. We went out Sunday and we marked quite a few, but the wind was blowing about 20 mph so we left after a couple of hours. I know we need to get out with you soon. I just have to figure out when the boys can get off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast