Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: December 20th

Default December 20th

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1064.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	49421
    Fished the bubble hole until noon on Tuesday, haven't fished 2lb line for years. I'm pulling it off after this post. Lost two, this was the only one that came to the net. Chartreuse pb got the bites, nothing on worms. Bite ended at 9, and I didn't see anyone get bit after that. I'll go again soon with 4 lb.
    Merry Christmas FNN, Steve

Try Ande 2-lb. if you ever want to re-visit that size. 4-lb will work just fine until the fish get spooky, then they get a little tougher to get to bite. Of course if you throw the iron you can get away with six or even eight, but that's almost no fun. Always good to get out, and you caught fish. Props!
    And Merry Christmas!

There are a number off options line wise. It doesn't HAVE to be 2lb test. Ande's is nice and strong I think it's 0.16mm though. "IF" you can get your hands on some Stroft ABR I think their 0.16mm is 6.6lb test. Here is an old link where you can check the specs http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stroft-ABR-M...-/201193542097 , it is hard to find tho. I use Kevlon Steelon. Stroft ABR and Damyl tectan( been using tectan since 94).. https://www.fishusa.com/product/DAM-...ent-Line--300m Tectan is the easiest to come buy. These are not gimmick lines either. The break strengths are close. I've tested them.

I was there IN THE WIND on Monday and caught five. I had nothing till about 8:30 or 9. Then moved to to North side(closest to La Palma) and they were biting pretty steady. Chartreuse PB was the ticket. I was using micetails and Power balls and only picked up 2. But the guy next to me was killing it on chartreuse, so I HAD TO SWITCH. Then the bite was more steady.