Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Brook Trout Ice Fishing

Default Brook Trout Ice Fishing

Ice fishing for eastern brook trout can be a lot of fun especially during the early ice season. First ice is a great time to be out fishing as long as you are careful when heading out. Once your local brook trout pond freezes over you can use the tips in this video to locate brook trout and convince them to bite even on the slow days. In this video I was using a Marcum VX - 1 Pro and a silver and red slender spoon 1/8 oz tipped with a small piece of cocktail shrimp. These brook trout are stocked as All Female Triploids so they do not display normal spawning behavior and therefore fishing varies a bit for these fish early ice from the usual diploid spawning brook trout. These lakes are often heavily stocked so don't feel bad if you'd like to take something home to eat that is the reason these fish are put in the lakes. Best of luck to you on the ice this season!

Can't wait 6 days and counting till I have two weeks off to ice fish... heading to Alberta, the homeland! See you on the ice.

Love fishing brook trout......eating the tasty little devils too. Great video would love to go fishing with you sometime.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpotty View Post
    Love fishing brook trout......eating the tasty little devils too. Great video would love to go fishing with you sometime.

Brian
    Yeah I should meet up with you sometime! That would be fun. Would love to do alaska like you guys do.