Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fishing Vacation

have keeped meat froze in a cooler for over a week camping out at the river in the 100 degree heat,,, need a GOOD air tight cooler,,, start with frozen meat 1st if at all possible, but it will freeze anyway ,,,then put the meat bagged up in a couple of ziplock bags in the bottom of the cooler with a 4 or 5 inches of H2o ice on top then put dry ice on top, get 2 or 3 of the 5lb(?) chunks/slabs, and plan on getting 1 a day to add on the way, just keep the lid closed tight as dry ice is a gas, open the lid and its gone,, would definitely have to have a plan on getting dry ice on the road, can be a real pain to find sometimes,,being where it not so hot may not use as much dry ice
    Last edited by riverbud55; 12-21-2016 at 08:53 AM.

That's what I'm talking about!

Cleaned filets, frozen.

Otherwise you've fished but no fish tacos for you!

I am pretty sure this'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    Plan B keep your daughter local, my son is bleeding me dry as a 3rd year student.
    If you make over 40k a year, there's no help. Good luck on the rock fishing. As a dad I really wish you luck on the collegiate effort. My boy had a 4.3 it didn't matter. I sold the boat, a BMW, as a mid class income dad. it's better to keep her close. I rarely fish anymore and am looking for a second job to keep him living on campus. I'll pay for the first 4 years,after that he's going to have some skin in the game.
    Off topic, but kudos to you for doing this for your son! My parents did that for me, which definitely gave me a leg up, and I plan to do that for my daughters. Of course, when I went to USC the tuition was $10K per year, and now its, well, I don't even want to know, quite honestly. I want to be able to sleep at night for the next few years!

gotta love this...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12