Bass Pro Shops     Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  Wicked Lures     Shop Hunting   Rapala  Pete Marino Guide Service  Trout Only Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 

Thread: 3rd times a charm

Default 3rd times a charm

Fished Santa Ana for the 3rd time yesterday. First outing was zero fish and 2nd trip I was able to get one. Decided to try it out one more time and yes, I finally limited out and actually think I cracked my own code to having success here. In reality for me it was just sticking to the basics. I fished power bait with a power worm, Night crawlers and mice tails and got hits on all. I used a short leader and casted out max 20 ft.

I lost 6 fish probably due to bad knots ( it was cold w heavy rain) and I was for the first time using 2lb test. I ended up adjusting my drag, tied better knots and took my time brining them in which was the ticket.

Good job sticking with it! Cracking the code is a great feeling!

2-lb. test, nightcrawlers, fish tight to the shoreline. Boom! Nice job on the limit in less than ideal conditions.

Where in santa ana?
    Thanks in advance

Thanks guys..... And I caught them at Chris' pond on the east side.

Did they hit one right after the other? or did you limit out over time?

I always get skunked here. Any tips on set ups for trout? I have 2 lb test, just don't know what's the best way to rig it.

Default Skunks

Quote Originally Posted by briseno09 View Post
    Did they hit one right after the other? or did you limit out over time?

I always get skunked here. Any tips on set ups for trout? I have 2 lb test, just don't know what's the best way to rig it.
    PM sent with some hints.

Nice good job on the limit! And missed 6 to knots? the bite must've been hot
    I have went for the past 2 weeks and this rain is making fishing tough for me. but i can't complain at all