Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystal lake San Gab mountains.

Default Crystal lake San Gab mountains.

Anyone been there lately? Been a long time for me. I looked it up on Goggle Earth and its looking pretty small. I remember how it was in the 1950s and 60s it was a small little lake back then even but had a lot more water with trout and boat rentals too it was a fun outing in those days. A few pics of the days that I found.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan49.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	49391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan51.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	49392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan53.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	49393Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan57.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	49394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scan59.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	49395

I have not fished there for years. Last visit there the trout fishing wasn't very good, but the Green Sunfish that we caught were some of the largest I've ever seen! There were some of those huge Bullfrog Tadpoles along the shorelines in the early summertime. It was a fun place to visit back then, but don't know much about it now.

Keep your memories of those times. It is nothing like you remember and with current direction of the Forest and Monument management (or lack of) will never be again.

I remember sitting on the roof of that lake store and fishing for trout back in the 70s , water was pretty high back then.... matter of fact so was I lmao

Took a drive up there today just to check it out, lots of snow and got turned back a mile from the lake because of ice on the road. But it was a nice little drive.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4690.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	49533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4691.jpg 
Views:	411 
ID:	49534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4696.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	49535

Nice pictures!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Took a drive up there today just to check it out, lots of snow and got turned back a mile from the lake because of ice on the road. But it was a nice little drive.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4690.jpg 
Views:	421 
ID:	49533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4691.jpg 
Views:	411 
ID:	49534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4696.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	49535
    Wow that is a lot of snow! Hope it makes it way through the creeks all year and keep 'em flowing nicely. Hopefully will get a good spawn in this year and fill up the little creeks with trout (here's to hoping !)

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    ............Hopefully will get a good spawn in this year and fill up the little creeks with trout (here's to hoping !)
    Here, here!

Nice old skool pictures, thanks for sharing OPF!

TD

If you'd like something similar to what you remember Crystal Lake to be, you might want to check out Jenks Lake near Angelus Oaks . Beautiful little lake in a nice mountain setting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast