Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I like your butt". Thanks I worked hard for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Butt SWATed

Default "I like your butt". Thanks I worked hard for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Butt SWATed

Who doesn't like a nice butt, hmmm?
    I can't think of anyone who doesn't. I sure do. Nothing better than a good looking butt to start your day with, right????

And that's exactly what I set out to do, locate and land a healthy legal Paralichthys californicus. It seems to me that less folks are landing legals this year than in years past. Some of my buds did get some this year but not nearly like they did last year :? They R out there though - butts I mean I was determined to find 'em.

The strategy
    I wanted to be on the sand at grey light. I choose a beach (North of San Pedro). As soon as I got there, I pulled on my LL Bean waders, put on my backpack, grabbed my poles and headed down to the sand with my headlamp on.

The tactics
    One rod had a customized Lucky Craft 110 flash minnow and the other rod had a 4 inch Z-man swimmy on a 1/2 oz Revenge jighead (I had other weapons in my arsenal including and a larger 130 LC flash minnow and a couple of pre-tied dropshot rigs - although I would rather eat Lima beans or sumpin like dat than fish the surf with a DS :shock: - )

Let the fun begin
    I start tossing the LC in the dark when I have this strange feeling someone's laughing at me (or maybe croaking I don't know). So I whip around and I don't see anyone at first then I notice this dood:

Maybe it was because I wasn't getting anything for my efforts and he thought it was funny. I just ignored em and kept at it. Then I switched to the swimmy and started to landed a few:

1st this dood:

Then these doods:

Just made it
    I was getting close but no legal yet. My hall pass was just about set to expire. I tied on my LC flash minnow 130 and began tossing as I was walking on my way back to the car. Bam 8) a butt nails it within a short time he's on the sand. He looked close but I was desperate cuz the bell had rung (time to go) - I wanted a legal for all my effort. So I flagged down a surfer and asked him to wack that flatty a few times with his long board. Then I laid down a tape next to the butt and here's what I got:

Looks like a legal to me!!!! Thanks Mr. surfer dood

Advice
    Like I said before, who doesn't want to have a nice butt. I've seen some of your butts on this forum - and they were pretty nice :o Some of you have never had a nice butt. Don't despair. Don't look for the latest quick fix. Like me all you need to do is go put in some time and effort. Sooner or later you will get that nice butt that you've always wanted. Now get out there, get busy and show all of us your nice butt (when you get it that is)

Disclaimer
    The truth is there was no laughing amphibian and no butts were harmed in the making of this report (all were released to see another day).

I hope you enjoyed my 'lil butt report :)

What a great fishing story ... it still has me laughing Brotha!!! Luved the toothy toad!
    It's hard to beat a 5 Hali day! WTG!!

Out of the vast variety of fish that I've been landing ... the Paralichthys californicus is the one that always makes me
    fell blessed when I'm fortunate enough to land one.

Congrat's on your good fortune Nick,
    PS ... I think that we are well over due for our hook up ... don't you agree.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 11-30-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Hi Dan

I'm glad you liked my little report. You are the "butt" guy around here (18 legal last year!!!!) so thank you for your humble words to me my friend.

The answer to your question is "yes" it is high time (tide ) that you and whack some butts together on the sand (bay). You would certainly show me how it's really done. I would like that

God bless you my friend,

Nick

the title of this thread it totally misleading... but nice job anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Dan

I'm glad you liked my little report. You are the "butt" guy around here (18 legal last year!!!!) so thank you for your humble words to me my friend.

The answer to your question is "yes" it is high time (tide ) that you and whack some butts together on the sand (bay). You would certainly show me how it's really done. I would like that

God bless you my friend,

Nick
    (19) not to split frogs hairs! lol

I look forward to our hook up on any weekend ... just PM me the time and AO!

Happy Holidays Brotha!!
    Last edited by SP Dan; 12-01-2016 at 01:13 PM.

I don't normally do this, and the fish was released anyway butt....
    Just a little rain for your parade, the last fish was not "legal" at least not to keep. the mouth was open and the tape wasn't pulled tight. looks to be at least a half inch short. But for the purposes of having a good time and catching a bigger that pancake halibut it seems to work. I have a feeling you know this and were just trying to have fun. Mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by City Dad View Post
    the title of this thread it totally misleading... but nice job anyway.
    Thanks Timmy (sorry for the bait n switch buddy LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    (19) not to split frogs hairs! lol

I look forward to our hook up on any weekend ... just PM me the time and AO!

Happy Holidays Brotha!!
    Kool that I will Daniel!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I don't normally do this, and the fish was released anyway butt....
    Just a little rain for your parade, the last fish was not "legal" at least not to keep. the mouth was open and the tape wasn't pulled tight. looks to be at least a half inch short. But for the purposes of having a good time and catching a bigger that pancake halibut it seems to work. I have a feeling you know this and were just trying to have fun. Mission accomplished.
    Thanks twin22s:

Your probably right. Guess I could of asked the surfer for a couple more thwacks of his long board on the butt.
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 01-03-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: cuz I care!!!!!!!!!

Nice,those are all nice looking "dudes" wtg!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast