Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drone Fishing trip dec 3

Quote Originally Posted by Theos View Post
    You had better get ready to pay for a fat ticket, it's illegal in California as well as many other states.
    Get yourself a longer rod, you don't have to cheat to catch fish here.
    Now that Perry (Darkshadow) Mason broke the case and proving beyond a reasonable doubt that drones can be legal under certain circumstances to aid in fishing.

Where do you get your information?????? You seem to pull stuff out of the air and then stand there with a straight face thinking you're right!!! That reminds me of someone kinda special. I know you sound like Donald Trump!!!! He pulls stuff out of his Arse all the time and then swears it's true. Did you graduate from Trump University???? If you did that explains a lot!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Now that Perry (Darkshadow) Mason broke the case and proving beyond a reasonable doubt that drones can be legal under certain circumstances to aid in fishing.

Where do you get your information?????? You seem to pull stuff out of the air and then stand there with a straight face thinking you're right!!! That reminds me of someone kinda special. I know you sound like Donald Trump!!!! He pulls stuff out of his Arse all the time and then swears it's true. Did you graduate from Trump University???? If you did that explains a lot!!!!!!
    You must be looking in the mirror, I called the enforcement division today, numerous persons said it was ILLEGAL. It took a while to get them because they are so "busy". Don't feel bad many people can't read the regulations correctly because they want an excuse to do their own thing, you're obviously one of those as well as a cry baby and self loathing because you bring up Trump. You self loathing types are funny because you hate those that are more successful than yourselves.Trump has nothing to do with this issue, the issue is using motorized vessels from shore to target ground fish which is illegal. Now get out of my face loser.

So rather than admit that you grossly misread the regulation, you've chosen to double-down and cite anonymous 'enforcement' officials. Given the fact that a DFW warden called ME (not the other way around) and confirmed the absurdity of your claim, we have no choice but to consider your alleged conversation the same as your legal misinterpretation - a fabrication of your mind

Great.

If you did not know already shore based angling/diving does not have the same seasonal closures as other forms of fishing.
    IE you can keep a sheephead caught from shore even during the Jan-Feb closure.

The reg quoted here is specifically referring to the shore angling exemption to seasonal closures, so even if "vessel" included drones it would only prevent you from taking species out of season because you would no longer be considered a shore angler. like if you carry your bait out with a kayak, or use a boat to land the fish you hooked from shore.

So assuming this includes drones (which i do not believe it does). This only prevents take of out of season fish because you are no longer considered a "shore angler" if using a drone to assist you.

I'm with DS on the issue, There is no regulation barring you from using a drone so long as it is legal to fly a drone and fish in the area you are drone fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I'm with DS on the issue, There is no regulation barring you from using a drone so long as it is legal to fly a drone and fish in the area you are drone fishing.
    The thing is, there isn't a 'side' to take on the issue.

As the thread progressed, a question was asked in regards to legality, and I never took a side, but simply reached out to our friendly DFW wardens, and got the information needed straight from the source. What I wrote is confirmation from DFW. So, if you're with ME on the issue, you're really on board on agreeing on how the law is written, and what the DFW wardens have confirmed and have interpreted as law.

What does concern me is the fact that individuals are disseminating fake information without any care in the world, and then doubling down on those assertions using 'unknown' sources. Then again, considering what happened in our last election, the dissemination of fake information is something we have to get used to from here on out.

Let's just hope we have responsible individuals that check sources and make appropriate phone calls before believing what is written online.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The thing is, there isn't a 'side' to take on the issue.

As the thread progressed, a question was asked in regards to legality, and I never took a side, but simply reached out to our friendly DFW wardens, and got the information needed straight from the source. What I wrote is confirmation from DFW. So, if you're with ME on the issue, you're really on board on agreeing on how the law is written, and what the DFW wardens have confirmed and have interpreted as law.

What does concern me is the fact that individuals are disseminating fake information without any care in the world, and then doubling down on those assertions using 'unknown' sources. Then again, considering what happened in our last election, the dissemination of fake information is something we have to get used to from here on out.

Let's just hope we have responsible individuals that check sources and make appropriate phone calls before believing what is written online.
    That was very well written!!!! I sorta roughed up the guy because on a different thread he gave the same kind of response. (Do it in front of a warden and see what happens???) I too called the DFW for clarification and found out the same individual misinterpreted the meaning of the regulation.

I threw in the Trump stuff because he's in the GD section cheering on Trump. (I would never bother a civilian with political stuff in the fishing section unless he was a player) What your saying about FAKE news is scary!!!! People have shown they will act on it as demonstrated by the pizza incident. It sure doesn't help OUR President elect is setting a terrible example by lying all the time. He's been vetted as the biggest lier in history as a Presidential candidate. (that is true)

Maybe I took my frustrations out on this guy. So hopefully Trump isn't as bad as Michael Moore fears he will be!!!!! lol But I do hear a lot of wrong information when I'm out fishing. If you don't believe that, "I've got an experiment for you." Next time you go Trout fishing in a Regional Park. Open a can of corn and leave it by your poles and pretend your using it for bait. See how many people come up to you and tell you it's an illegal bait!!! (It's not in a Regional Park)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 12-09-2016 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Open a can of corn and leave it by your poles and pretend your using it for bait. See how many people come up to you and tell you it's an illegal bait!!!

Illegal?

How else am I supposed to catch a carp?

So the "enforcement division" called me today and let me know that there isn't an 'enforcement division,' but wardens who are versed in the law.

Regardless, drones can still be used in the salt.

Hopefully we get a redaction from the individual who claimed otherwise. (But I doubt it)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12