Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Any suggestions on Fishing the Lower Owens?

Default Any suggestions on Fishing the Lower Owens?

Will be returning home Sunday after SC beats NDame. Gonna try crickets again ... I'm still learning. I could try a little bit of walking into PVR ... probably from the upper end ... but will be back first part of 2017 to try my wife's motorized wheel chair.

If you want to send my any private messages ... I'd be VERY grateful

Thinking of just below highway 6 ... East or West side ... don't know
    May want to try the 2 turnoffs south of JB Road
    Got to be careful with the Bridges as I don't have great clearance with my car

Thanks AGAIN

All spots you mentioned can be successful. Walking into PVR from the top is a good deal.

The dirt roads have not been mudded out by rain or snow but the soft dust is damped by the little rain they got. There is a road that follows the river to the East and you can peel off to the river in a number of spots. Most are very passable in a regular car as long as it hasn't rained a lot (which it hasn't)..

Google Maps is an invaluable tool, especially when navigating the dirt roads that zig zag across the Lower O.

I usually try to find a nice secluded parking spot off these dirt roads, with easy access to the water, and that have productive holes going upstream.

There are tons of these in the Lower O. The fun is finding them.