Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prop 67

I got charged 10 cents at Walmart the day after. That went into effect quick.

All the other props won't go into effect until January 1st, the bag initiative went into effect on the next day. I went to staters twice since then, yeah I still forgot the damn bags the second time.

I float tube the salt water somewhere in So Cal every weekend. I'm at water level and I've yet to go out and not end up running into a ******* plastic bag or two. I end up throwing them in the back and I put them in my trash at home. I think the damn things should be banned entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    I float tube the salt water somewhere in So Cal every weekend. I'm at water level and I've yet to go out and not end up running into a ******* plastic bag or two. I end up throwing them in the back and I put them in my trash at home. I think the damn things should be banned entirely.

That is my thinking.

If people actually disposed of their plastic bags accordingly, we wouldn't be in this dilemma, because I could attest to the same thing. I couldn't cast in our surf without dragging in a plastic bag half the time.....

But let's focus our blame to others.

I couldn't figure out how charging $.10, but still giving you and even larger and thicker "plastic" bag helps the environment???
    It's no different than at work where I can't run a 1500 Kw generator more than 8 hours a day, but I can run (10) 150 Kw generators around the clock provided I pay for the $2800 per year SCAQMD permits.
    You can still pollute you just have to pay into the California coffers.
    This is the stupid side of the liberal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I couldn't figure out how charging $.10, but still giving you and even larger and thicker "plastic" bag helps the environment???
    I think the point is that these bags are supposed to be 'reusable' so that all of them don't end up in Long Beach Harbor, and the fact you paid 10 cents makes u re-use the one you paid for.

Regardless, we're now paying for the people who can't throw trash in the trash bin. Next time you see a litter bug, remind them of this.

But half the people don't give a crap about 10 cents a bag and are still gonna treat them like they did the old bags

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    But half the people don't give a crap about 10 cents a bag and are still gonna treat them like they did the old bags
    And to re-iterate, that's why the 10 cent charge exists.

At least now they're getting penalized 10 cents every time they get a bag and toss it. Before, they were littering for free. At least now there is some type of negative reinforcement to prevent them from pretending they live in a third world nation.

In the interim, I'll keep reusing the three dozen canvas bags that I got for free when I go to the grocery store. I still can't believe people in this day in age still rely on plastic bags. It's almost like the people who bust out their checkbook to pay for groceries. I mean, the plastic bags were great back in the day when you wanted to clean up your dog's mess (yes, there are people who actually clean up after their pet), but nowadays? They belong in the Smithsonian. (Next to the check writing people)

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    What the hell is this about. I went to a convenience store today and bought three small candy bars and asked for a little paper bag, the guy at the counter said I have to charge you 5 cents for the bag.
    My point was why was I charged 5 cents for a tiny little paper sack, it was a mom and pop type of store it just kinda shocked me. Was at Rite Aid today to buy few small things and they still use those thin plastic bags so far. Yes I hate them too the wind blows them all over the place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12