Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pyramid in the fall

Default Pyramid in the fall

Haven't seen a whole lot of reports coming out of here, but ive been having a good time. Here's some videos of how the past couple trips have been for me....cuz everyone loves videos

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    Haven't seen a whole lot of reports coming out of here, but ive been having a good time. Here's some videos of how the past couple trips have been for me....cuz everyone loves videos

Great Video!!!!! I loved it but I can handle seeing it all!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-14-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Jigging for deep stripers is one technique I need to get better at. I've tried it only a few times, usually with a 1oz kroc or kastmaster, but since I have no confidence in the technique I usually give up after only a few minutes and go back to how I was fishing earlier that day (trolling, drop shot, whatever).

Looks simple enough, any tips or techniques to share? I usually try it with one of my trolling rigs, 30-lb braid on a linecounter reel so that I at least know the depth of my spoon.

Can't see videos due to work server, but I second shinbob's request if you don't mind...interesting

MM

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Nice video, thanks for sharing!

Jigging for deep stripers is one technique I need to get better at. I've tried it only a few times, usually with a 1oz kroc or kastmaster, but since I have no confidence in the technique I usually give up after only a few minutes and go back to how I was fishing earlier that day (trolling, drop shot, whatever).

Looks simple enough, any tips or techniques to share? I usually try it with one of my trolling rigs, 30-lb braid on a linecounter reel so that I at least know the depth of my spoon.
    I've found that being able to identify the active schools on your graph is the biggest factor to the whole thing. I've never just caught 1 fish spooning....I either catch zero, or i catch a bunch back to back, like in the video. As for my gear, i just use a regular baitcast rod/reel with at least 12# mono or flouro. I don't use a line counter because 99% of the time i jig right off the bottom, or a few feet above it. If the fish are in the middle of the water column, ill start my jigging on the bottom and slowly retrieve line as i jig, and I'll get bit as i run by them. I started doing this with a jighead/fluke combo, like people do in the aqueduct. Don't let the bait sit still for too long, they like it moving. Rip it, let it fall on slack line to the bottom or desired depth, and rip it again. I guess how hard you jig it will determined by the type of spoon/jig you're using...
    Last edited by ZipperWurm; 11-14-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Can't see videos due to work server, but I second shinbob's request if you don't mind...interesting

MM
    it'll give you something to look forward to when you get home then

Awesome ! Serrano cove is money in the fall for bronze ones. Nicley done man !

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    I've found that being able to identify the active schools on your graph is the biggest factor to the whole thing. I've never just caught 1 fish spooning....I either catch zero, or i catch a bunch back to back, like in the video. As for my gear, i just use a regular baitcast rod/reel with at least 12# mono or flouro. I don't use a line counter because 99% of the time i jig right off the bottom, or a few feet above it. If the fish are in the middle of the water column, ill start my jigging on the bottom and slowly retrieve line as i jig, and I'll get bit as i run by them. I started doing this with a jighead/fluke combo, like people do in the aqueduct. Don't let the bait sit still for too long, they like it moving. Rip it, let it fall on slack line to the bottom or desired depth, and rip it again. I guess how hard you jig it will determined by the type of spoon/jig you're using...
    Thanks, great tips! Actually, trying it with a jighead/fluke is a great idea, I always have a rod with one tied on in case I see a boil, I'll just try that next time I see a school deeper than I can troll.

Wow...thanks!

Mm