Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whale Encounter While Float Tubing SoCal Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    Hi ya Brotha from another-SWAT mother! lol

It's always so good to hear from you my friend ... no matter the span of time that passes!!

As we all know .... a good session does earn one his (or hers) sharing rights ... especially if there is a tale to tell!

FYI ... I have an extra tube w/ fins, life jacket and rods; already set up, if you ever get the inclination! I hope you do get that feeling!

Take care Brotha Nick and hugs to lil' sis's Noelle and Alexa please,

PS .... Happy Holidays to you and all your loved ones!

SP Dan

How ya doing Martin?? It's been such a long time Sir!
    You don't have to convince me ... I'm already a firm believer that larger mammals dwell inside the harbor waters than seals and dolphin.

Take care Sir and Happy Holidays to you and yours!

SP Dan <"))><

My good friend:

The girls appreciate the well wishes from you and wish you do the same Thank you for extending the float toob invite. I will take you up on that one of these days -- I've never been out fishing that way before and learning it from a pro (and friend) will be a blessing.

God bless you Dan,

Nick

Ahh...Whale fear....No worries Dan. Whales are pretty kind unless you get near a calf and its mom. Then you will get SWATED....Heh...Heh

What used to scare the crap out of me in Newport were the over curious seals. Those bad boyz can be a real bummer if they decide to be your buddy all of the sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Ahh...Whale fear....No worries Dan. Whales are pretty kind unless you get near a calf and its mom. Then you will get SWATED....Heh...Heh

What used to scare the crap out of me in Newport were the over curious seals. Those bad boyz can be a real bummer if they decide to be your buddy all of the sudden.
    No fears Lieutenant bones ...

It was the anticipation of what could possibly happen next and being mentally prepared for being tail SWATED ... but absolutely nothing happened!
    It was just a great and close; once in a life time, experience for me ... to say the least.

Seals haven't really been a big deal ... and they really haven't bothered me as of yet. lol
    Once I saw the dolphins and the whale in my proximity ... I new that any seals in the area would been long gone because of their presence.
    And besides, I try not to make buddies of seals ... but ya never know what will happen at each new session.

Have yourself a great Thanksgiving Brotha!

PS ... If you'd be interested in putting in a float tube session with me ... I have a extra float tube set up that you could use Let me know.
    It's like riding a bicycle ... you never forget.
    Consider this as a pay-back for all the help, guidance and friendship that you've extended toward me over all the many years.

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 11-23-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12