Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Grand loop on the pond.

Default Grand loop on the pond.

Out this morning/day with my bro-in-law...
    Launched from Davies... Checked on live bait -- only had HUGE 'dines. Like 10" long... passed on that.
    Made a huge loop (35 miles+ total).
    First stop: troll from bait barge to jewfish N rocks. Picked up 1 small bonito on Xrap trolling at 7mph.
    Nothing showing at the rocks.

Second stop. Jewfish S. Nada.

Third stop: HorseshoeN/S Nada.

Fourth stop: Stone Reef -- picked up a sardine of all things!

Fifth stop: 150 Tryee Reef West. Nada.

Sixth stop: scupin hole-- 19 really nice sized sandabs! Actually caught them on decent sized hooks (2/0) with squid strips

Seventh stop: just north of 150' spot... there were a bunch of private boats parked here. Not sure why. Nothin doing on meter or bottom.

Eighth spot: 150 Kelp North -- one mackerel.

Ninth Spot: Bolsa Chica Artificial Reef -- nothing. Metered TONS of activity (blacksmith?) on bottom... ended up feeding squid to whatever it was.

Final spot: Sand Bass Junction -- 1 mackerel.

Hot day -- especially for November... H20 was 64 at surface, air in the high 70's to mid 80's.

Where are the fish??

Reefmo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishing1.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	49266

Default I like that report, to the point.

You found one of my fishing holes, I thought it was mine only.

Second stop. Jewfish S. Nada.

Third stop: HorseshoeN/S Nada.

Fourth stop: Stone Reef -- picked up a sardine of all things!

Fifth stop: 150 Tryee Reef West. Nada.

Sixth stop: scupin hole-- 19 really nice sized sandabs! Actually caught them on decent sized hooks (2/0) with squid strips

Seventh stop: just north of 150' spot... there were a bunch of private boats parked here. Not sure why. Nothin doing on meter or bottom.

Eighth spot: 150 Kelp North -- one mackerel.

Ninth Spot: Bolsa Chica Artificial Reef -- nothing. Metered TONS of activity (blacksmith?) on bottom... ended up feeding squid to whatever it was.

Final spot: Sand Bass Junction -- 1 mackerel.

Hot day -- especially for November... H20 was 64 at surface, air in the high 70's to mid 80's.

Where are the fish??

Reefmo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishing1.JPG 
Views:	199 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	49266[/QUOTE]