Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bear 11/12/16

Default Big Bear 11/12/16

Headed up the mountain to chase Trout. Got to the west launch at opening and trolled back and forth to the dam for a couple hours...downriggers 15-22 feet, flashers with nightcrawler or Thomas Buoyant...slow. Didn't see many catching. Slight breeze kicked up so we dropped nightcrawlers down and slow drifted. Bamn!! My buddy got two.

Overall, beautiful day but slow fishing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7377[1].jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	49263

Thanks for the report! Nice fish! I hope Big Bear gets some rain and snow to fill that lake back up! Super low right now

Nice to see your friend hook up with a couple. May I suggest that next time ya pull up the lake info before ya go. If ya had of looked here you & your buddy would of been trolling where the fish are right now. Going by the report the fish should have moved to the east end of the lake by now, so from the observatory to juniper would be best bet for some holdover action.
    Hoping to get up there in a few weeks for some holdovers myself with the family.
    The lake is horribly low considering it was just overflowing 4-5 years ago. Everybody do a rain dance QUICK.
    http://www.bbmwd.com/wp-content/uplo...mno-Report.pdf

Thanks for the report! Someday I want to fish from a boat there. I was also up on the 12th with the wife fishing from shore. Caught 5 on the usual powerbaits and inflated crawlers. Several people around us, a couple guys took home I think 8 or so, but the rest of the people we saw caught maybe 1 fish among there large groups. We were more to the east end, the lake is just getting so low it is sad. Surprised the east end is still deep enough for them =P