Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Electoral College be abandoned?

....just wanted to see where you read the yokels are too dumb to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Without doing any research just answer from your gut, "why do you think we have the Electoral College???

Absurdity at it's best. If Etucker's proposed reasoning had any logic it no longer would make any sense which of course is how they try to rationalize why the constitution should no longer be followed verbatim. If the logic was to have the educated be the larger voice and the "yokel's" not have as great of voice the logic would no longer prevail, see the yokel's get just as much information these days and are well educated. But flip that and look at the big city population bases. The liberals are praying on the uneducated big city ethnic disenfranchised voters. Certainly the greater percentage of those that make up the population bases of those big cities are not all 12 year college educated and brainwashed individuals.

Complete hogwash this yokel believes.

No one has addressed the common sense answer. Which is why don't we have direct voting for President??? We have it for everything else and other country's do too. So give me a reason to keep the Electoral College????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    No one has addressed the common sense answer. Which is why don't we have direct voting for President??? We have it for everything else and other country's do too. So give me a reason to keep the Electoral College????

Cuz electing a president to lead us is pretty important

The founding fathers knew that

And wanted

To protect us from d umb as's like you?

Just a shot in the dark, spit balling here so don't hold this against me

Why you think you're smarter than our founding fathers is beyond me

They played 3d chess when it wasn't even invented yet...

You, still just stack the checkers and knock em over woo hoo

Try standing up a row of dominoes and knocking them over

You know, think outside the box

Try n use your noggin once in a while

When you get bored with lining up and watching falling dominoes, find a checker board and learn how that game works

You know, advance your brain... small steps... buddy... small steps.

Here Trump was talking before the election about a "RIGGED" system. He wasn't even smart enough to know the system was rigged for HIM!!!!!!! Mrs. Clinton looks like will win the popular vote by as much as 2 million votes. That could be as much as 5% more of the total votes then what Donald Trump got. Talked about a rigged system!!!! lol

Since you didn't respond, I'll try to give you a common sense answer of circumstantial evidence of why the Founding Fathers definitely didn't want the yokels to pick the President. First of all the Founding Fathers only wanted White male property owners to vote. (most people know that from Junior High School history class) They then went even further by setting up the Electoral College. (you can't argue with that statement) So when the people were only allowed to vote for electorals who were the ones who were going to pick the President. Do you see NOW how the local yokels weren't even in the equation????
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-14-2016 at 12:03 PM.

And I already said it also limits the powers of the big city vote to control the entire nation.

And I already said it also limits the powers of the big city vote to control the entire nation.
    I just can't imagine why people think that the "MINORITY OF PEOPLE" should rule in a Democracy. The whole basis of "DEMOCRACY" is that the majority rules!!!!! I guess you people just don't like Democracy!!!! What do you like??

In American Democracy the Founding Fathers took into consideration the point of view of the smaller states with less population. That's why they created two Houses of Congress. With both being equal (regardless of what some people may think) but with some what different responsibility's. The House of Representatives was based on population and the Senate was based on the premise of all States being given equal representation regardless of population. So the people in the minority in sparsely populated area's in sparsely populated states voices are being heard. But you people for some crazy reasoning think they should rule the majority!!!!! As in what just happened in the last election. If the rules don't change you're going to see more of this in years to come. 2 of the last 3 President's we have didn't win the popular vote in their first term in office!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-14-2016 at 02:20 PM.

Well there is your problem, we aren't a democracy.
    We are a constitutional republic.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast