Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Electoral College be abandoned?

Etucker you are just trying to stir the pot. The reasoning has been reiterated multiple times.

It’s Tucky just being Tucky. With all the time on his hands I am surprised he’s not out with the protesters. Perhaps he doesn’t fit in with the hipster groupies.

It’s really a constitutional issue Tucky (Article II, Section 1, Clause 3), if you don't like it just get it an Amendment passed to reverse it.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

And if you think getting an Amendment passed is easy just look at the “Equal Rights Amendment” history that failed to pass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Rights_Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

Cuz electing a president to lead us is pretty important

The founding fathers knew that

And wanted

To protect us from d umb as's like you?

Just a shot in the dark, spit balling here so don't hold this against me

Why you think you're smarter than our founding fathers is beyond me

They played 3d chess when it wasn't even invented yet...

You, still just stack the checkers and knock em over woo hoo

Try standing up a row of dominoes and knocking them over

You know, think outside the box

Try n use your noggin once in a while

When you get bored with lining up and watching falling dominoes, find a checker board and learn how that game works

You know, advance your brain... small steps... buddy... small steps.

You say to protect the vote from idiots like him (tuck), but when he said the exact same thing everyone bashed him? Which is it?
    I say both sides have dumba$$es that shouldn't vote, but the electoral college needs to go. Popular vote should be the only way. Doesn't an electoral vote deciding go against Democracy?
    If the dumba$$es elect an idiot then so be it. They've elected one of their own and have a majority. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it.
    Unfortunately paranoia and bigotry go hand in hand and can be very dangerous. PC bs is waaaay out of control as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger, but I do have empathy for other people and that's something way too many people are lacking these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    You say to protect the vote from idiots like him (tuck), but when he said the exact same thing everyone bashed him? Which is it?
    I say both sides have dumba$$es that shouldn't vote, but the electoral college needs to go. Popular vote should be the only way. Doesn't an electoral vote deciding go against Democracy?
    If the dumba$$es elect an idiot then so be it. They've elected one of their own and have a majority. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it.
    Unfortunately paranoia and bigotry go hand in hand and can be very dangerous. PC bs is waaaay out of control as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm no tree hugger, but I do have empathy for other people and that's something way too many people are lacking these days.
    Yes it does go against democracy, just as the founders intended it to since they created a republic. And the electoral voting system worked flawlessly this time as it prevented a corrupt and immoral majority of mostly city dwellers from putting two of the most corrupt people on the planet back into the White House.
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 11-15-2016 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    It’s Tucky just being Tucky. With all the time on his hands I am surprised he’s not out with the protesters. Perhaps he doesn’t fit in with the hipster groupies.

It’s really a constitutional issue Tucky (Article II, Section 1, Clause 3), if you don't like it just get it an Amendment passed to reverse it.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

And if you think getting an Amendment passed is easy just look at the “Equal Rights Amendment” history that failed to pass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Rights_Amendment
    Guess what you can get rid of it without a Constitutional amendment???? (No I haven't been smoking the good stuff) I didn't hear about this till last week. (that's what happens if you read other things besides bretbart) If a state votes to uncommit it electors to the way it voted and must vote for the popular winner. If and when a majority of the states vote to do it this way, (you need 26 states) the Electoral College all falls apart!!!! WOW!!!! So far 13 states has passed this, so it's not that HUGE of a long shot to get rid of it that way!!! Boy's I suggest you DON'T take my word on that but GOOGLE IT!!!!!!! LIKE I SAID BEFORE, "I'M A BAD DUD!!!" Bet you didn't see that coming Deve!!!!!! lol lol lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-15-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Fat chance of that happening Tucky. Perhaps you missed the state election numbers.

At the state level, the election outcome means 24 states will be under full Republican control in legislatures and governor’s offices, clearing the way for new policy. Only six states will now have legislatures and governor’s offices exclusively dominated by Democrats, the rest are split. My guess is the 13 states you quote are blue states. Your fantasies are yuuge, it ain't gonna happen.

Tucky we want to know........just curious.........butt hurt much...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CxTjErQVEAA0ys6.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	49268

page 2 of this thread

should be top post

maybe you should read stuff b4 you post sheet

you'll be informed learn a little and not sound like an idiot, oh yeah... who did you vote for again?

from somewhere in your past, but brought over for everyone's viewing pleasure...

This statement alone says everything about what's wrong.

brenty boy you talkin bout me? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brenty Boy View Post
    Because you're not a part of it. It's a cesspool, but you don't think people of "the cesspool" have the same rights as the "redneck hicks" that live outside the urban areas???

not if they don't belong here and don't have proper documentation. GTFO!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenty GTFO View Post
    You speak of thoughts not aligned with you as a disease.

you speak in the same manner, you fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I would have to argue that you are the disease for not trying to find common ground.

common ground? you lost, right won. live with it. we have no common ground, we'll let you live on our ground... or i see Canada in your near future...

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Brent View Post
    If it is up to you, we are all f'd because there will be no discussion and no working anything out.

yup, no discussion necessary... it is now up to us, you and your crew are just along for the ride. now, go sit in the corner and shut up, we'll call you if we need you...

Quote Originally Posted by Brenty in da corner View Post
    So, congrats on your man being elected and unlike you for the last 8 years, I will from the "cesspool" do all I can to work with and support the new President as much as I can find a common ground with and there are subjects that I do agree with him on.

congrats on the obligatory sucking on your new reality, unlike us for the last eight years. go ahead pretend you like it, pretend support. at least we had the balls to fight it the whole way and prove that giving in is out of the question. a few days ago shows you we will not stand for pussifying America, common ground? again? kow tow to common ground, we all know you hate and are just acting like you don't. you can act with affinity to your forced common ground, but we know different your puzzyness is showing again...

Quote Originally Posted by puzzyness View Post
    I will not refuse to back anything he does just because he's Orange.

Orange is the new black, don't you know? i always expected color discrimination from you, it was just a matter of time. Yup it always is some superficial trait with the likes of your kind... you're no better than anything else that has crawled outta your neighborhood cesspool, you learned it well cesspool baby and you didn't even know it not til it slapped you square in your face, did you? you ready? get ready, here it comes... like father like son... you can fight him for the rest of your life but just realize this... you're cut from the same cloth, they just cut your shape with pinking shears...

am i wrong?

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 11-16-2016 at 04:22 PM. Reason: you may need to google extrapolate too

a lot of my friends are worried about getting deported now.

they're telling their kids... we don't know what's going to happen...

so, why are people going to trash the place before they leave?

(not that my friends are protesting, but wth?)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast