Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Mohave 11/3 - 11/6

Default Lake Mohave 11/3 - 11/6

Headed out for our annual fall trip and blessed with great weather and uncrowded conditions. Based in Cottonwood, here is what we found: Water temps to the south (marker 4-11) were in the 68 range, while to the north (Aztec, Power Lines) were running in the 64 range. Reports while we were there was everyone working the south end, and we had good luck trolling down around the 5-7 markers. Saw lots of marks, not a lot of biters. Also had good luck trolling around the south end of The Basin. Going north we did OK, overall on all days conditions were slow (there was a bass tourney on Saturday and we saw guys who didn't even bother to weigh). Nailed a nice healthy Smallmouth (released). Brass spoons were the ticket and running pretty deep (15 colors) All in all weather was great, and wish I was there for this weekend.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mohave Striper.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	49249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mohave Smallmouth.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	49250

Looks like a good day on the water

Good times! Way to get the young-uns on some fish!

Great Report and pics! Sounds like a great trip with family.....that's what its all about!

I was in Willow this past week but fishing was slow. I do want to take my motorhome to Mojave but not sure where to stay that has full hook ups with marina/slip for boat.

Any recs?

Thanks

El Jefe - We usually go to Cottonwood at least once a year, marina is nice, good ramps, fuel dock and plenty of slips (but then again we don't go during the "busy season" when all of the houseboats they have there are in action). We try to either hit them in the late fall or early spring. They have a pretty extensive campground with full hookups; that's about all I know (we usually stay in one of the rental mobile homes or the hotel rooms by the marina). While it is Lake Mohave you are technically in the Lake Mead Recreation Area, so you have the same amenities/restrictions/charges that you would have if you camped at Mead or at Willow (but if you have an annual pass, it is good both places). They have Senior and Military discounts as well. The only other place I know with hookups and ramps is on the AZ side and is Katherine's Landing all the way on the south end; have never stayed there. Nice thing about Cottonwood is options - easy to run north up into the narrows (we have run up to Willow a couple of times - but that is a RUN - usually only go up as far as The Powerlines and Aztec Wash) or you can head south across the basin. Depending on your boat and the HP, you can cover more territory than you can hope to fish. Store at the marina is pretty well stocked for those "oops I forgots" but you can expect to pay. Searchlight is up the hill about 30 minutes, has fuel, and general store, and a pretty nice family owned bait shop just as you leave town headed down the hill towards Cottonwood (and the place to fuel your boat before you head to the marina). There are a lot of options when you fish out of there, and when the wind comes up you are kind of sheltered (again, depending on your boat conditions outside the marina can get downright "Victory at Sea". Lots of places to beach it/camp/overnight to the north on both the AZ and NV side if you are into that.
    When you were at Willow was the hatchery back in action? The folks at Cottonwood were saying rumor is Spring of next year, I guess they have some problems with water supply there and lost a bunch of fish and had to shut down and rebuild again.