Bass Pro Shops     Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  Wicked Lures     Shop Hunting   Rapala  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Default The Trump Presidency

As I have pointed out in other threads, I did not vote for a presidential candidate. And while I have a great deal of disdain for our current President-elect, I'd like to believe there is an opportunity here for some much needed changes.

An overhaul of our free-trade agreements. In general I am not in favor of free trade agreements. (I strongly opposed NAFTA, as an example.) My main reasons for opposing them is that they allow the off-shoring of our industry (taking away American jobs) while exploiting the cheap (and unprotected) labor of other countries.

Shifting our economy away from the financial sector towards the industrial sector. This would be a long, laborious process, and I don't see the establishment ever making this easy. Corporations continue to pursue ever-increasing profit margins (there is a twisted logic where anything less than an increase is considered a loss), and have found that that easiest way to achieve this is to focus more on financial markets and less on traditional manufacturing.

Close offshore tax loopholes, with no tax amnesty for corporations. This is a sensitive one, particularly the latter part. But corporations have been deferring their tax obligations, and continue to do, by offshoring income which, despite being "offshore", is invested back into our financial markets for profit and at taxpayers' expense. We should not have to bear the burden of corporate tax-dodging, nor should we allow offshored corporate income to be invested domestically.

(more to come, your suggestions are welcomed)

i'm taking the hookd outta this thread so i can just watch... LOL

this should be interesting...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 11-10-2016 at 05:57 PM.

All I know is that Trump did say he'd defeat ISIS in 30 days.

So by February, we'll be ISIS free.

And America will be that much greater.

(And Quagga being deported back to El Salvador would be the icing on the cake)

"And Quagga being deported back to El Salvador would be the icing on the cake" !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    All I know is that Trump did say he'd defeat ISIS in 30 days.

So by February, we'll be ISIS free.

And America will be that much greater.

(And Quagga being deported back to El Salvador would be the icing on the cake)
    They can send me to El Salvador only after they ship you back to Guatemala.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    They can send me to El Salvador only after they ship you back to Guatemala.
    That's Yucatán, culero.

hey theos,

check out my previous (altered) post in this thread...

think about it, no?

LOL.

Drain The Swamp !
    Go TRUMP !

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    That's Yucatán, culero.
    That's what all you Guatemalans say....

Russia and Syria have publicly announced wanting peace with USA. DOW is at record level. Canada and Mexico announces they are willing to renegotiate NAFTA with the USA.

Looks like things are working as planned eh.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast